Another Bob Costas wasted Olympics

oscarsear

Oh how I miss the days of Chris Schenkel when we used to be able to enjoy the actual Olympic sports without having personal opinions and incessant droning commentary injected into the presentations. It is more of a soap opera these days. Bob Costas should employ his complexion to market Silly Putty and otherwise be put out to pasture so the cows can ignore him - like the rest of us. IMHO.

What the Olympics need is Chris Elliot as Marv Albert doing the commentary. These old clips are really funny considerign the Marv Albert sex scandals that came out later.

Costas got his start on KMOX radio in St. Louis back in the 70's. Always very opinionated, but usually kept with sports and sports stats., areas in which he has considerable knowledge. Too bad that he seems to have become so arrogant with success that he feels compelled to use his position to advance a political agenda. Other KMOX alums like Jack Buck, Joe Garagiola, etc., had the good sense and taste to stick with sports. Oh well, we can vote with our remotes!!

Ayup the old boy gots pink eye - perhaps a terminal case. Mebbe his career is dead? MSNBC could use a lead sportsy political commentator. Costas would be perfect there - pinko eye and all.

Come on guys--lay off Bob. He has put a name on this devastatingly embarrassing illness that was hidden from the public for so many years. He should be celebrated. I don't have pink eye and haven't ever had it; but, if i ever do…because of Bob I'll be able to say I have pink eye and I'm okay.

• Moderators
Come on guys--lay off Bob. He has put a name on this devastatingly embarrassing illness that was hidden from the public for so many years. He should be celebrated. I don't have pink eye and haven't ever had it; but, if i ever do…because of Bob I'll be able to say I have pink eye and I'm okay

Your funny and a little crazy, I like the combination.

I had pink eye a quite a few times, probably caught it from the pesky grandkids there like little germ machines. :D

It's kind of a sissy thing to be a reason to not work, not being around others is a good idea but it is Mr. Costas. It's not that bad at all, it looks much worse than it feels really. But to be fair I never had a job that I could be judged on how I look, good thing I wouldn't be hired!

Come on guys--lay off Bob. He has put a name on this devastatingly embarrassing illness that was hidden from the public for so many years. He should be celebrated. I don't have pink eye and haven't ever had it; but, if i ever do…because of Bob I'll be able to say I have pink eye and I'm okay

Your funny and a little crazy, I like the combination.

I had pink eye a quite a few times, probably caught it from the pesky grandkids there like little germ machines. :D

It's kind of a sissy thing to be a reason to not work, not being around others is a good idea but it is Mr. Costas. It's not that bad at all, it looks much worse than it feels really. But to be fair I never had a job that I could be judged on how I look, good thing I wouldn't be hired!

Remember the industry that he is in. Talking heads are not supposed to be "hard to look at"