heresy

Heritage_Head

So i picked up a pair of these and have a few questions. The seller said they are 80s (not original owner) but the serial # has a L so 1973? The L is stamped almost like part of something is missing on the right side of the letter. And on the tag in back its written strange also for a L. I knew something was off from the woofer so i opened one at the sellers and its the k-24-k. Those were for the ii i thought? Im thinking someone replaced the original drivers with these? Or did they make them way back then also? The xo is type C but looks like the caps are updated because the oil cans are gone and replaced with small batterie looking caps (sorry i know very little about these). The mid has a K-700 stamped on the metal. No Tag on the the back of the driver though. The tweeter is the round type and has some #s on it but don't think they are a model #. The grills have the same klipsch patch as the new heresys.

Are the k-24 a good replacement for the original woofer? and will it work just as good? Did the 1973 grills have the klipsch tag thats in the shape of a V like a heart? or was this changed later? Also i have some 1981 corns that have the square tweeter k77-m that i replaced with bobs 125. Would the k77 be a upgrade to what these have?

thanks

Edited by reference_head

Pictures would be great.

L is for 73's and they came with nailed on pie slice logo's with non removable grills. round mag 77 tweeters were stock and no logo's on the rear of the K-55V's

i'll keep updating as i read more of your post.

the C crossovers were used very early ( my 69's have them )

the early pie slice and the later pie slice logo's are different looking. post some pictures when you get time.

1975 was the last year for the original pie slice logo and the non removable grills.

my 69's with clear pie slice logo's and silver paint on the PWK

post-12513-0-63520000-1391902513_thumb.j

Edited by Budman