List your favorite music artists

Rick

I thought it could be a fun topic to find what other forum members' favorite music artists are.

If you feel inclined to do so, list your favorites in these three categories: male artist, female artist, and band. Please, choose only one of each category. I know it can be tough, like trying to name only one favorite song/album, so think hard... :emotion-55:

Here's mine:

Male artist: Johnny Cash (my overall favorite)

Female artist: Linda Ronstadt

Band: The Rolling Stones

Edit: I just realized that it's probably not too hard to figure mine out, as Linda is my avatar, Johnny is in my sig, and The Stones are my background pic in my profile (plus Keef's in my sig as well)... :)

Edited by Rick

This is really tough as I never took to just artist I felt it was all ways all the musicians that played along side of each other. I guess favorite artist could be from a band.

Ozzy

Etta James

Pantera

Edited by duder1982

• Moderators

Male Eric Clapton.....................................................................................................tomorrow it will be Bob Marley

Female Aretha Franklin

Band Funk Brothers..............................That's kind of cheating because they covered all of Motown, but they really did cover it all !

Too many to list, just ask my neighbors.

In the same day, from Brahms to Weezer, to Patsy Cline.

Perhaps one reason, I don't get many neighbor visits, they wait long enough ill play their song.

Last time Paul came over from across the street, I simply ask him his favorite song, hour and a half later his wife is at my front door wondering where her husband went.

Current faves, subject to change

Guy:: James Brown (runner up: George Clinton)

Gal: Rickie Lee Jones (runner up: Eva Cassidy)

Band: War (runner up: P-Funk)

Oh yeah, dead last band: the Beatles

Edited by thebes

Current faves, subject to change

Guy:: James Brown (runner up: George Clinton)

Gal: Rickie Lee Jones (runner up: Eva Cassidy)

Band: War (runner up: P-Funk)

Oh yeah, dead last band: the Beatles

I have got to get some Eva Cassidy music in my collection!!

I heard a beautiful song this morning on my local PBS affiliate's jazz station on HD radio. I had no idea who it was, and as it turned out, it was Eva. It was just beautiful to my ears...

Edited by Rick