List your favorite music artists

Rick

way too hard to pick just one as my tastes span many genres. so heres the top 2 or 3, or 4 for what i will call soft/classic rock vs newer harder rock.

male: paul simon, roger waters, maynard james keenan, layne staley

female: linda ronstadt, anne wilson, melissa etheridge

group: steely dan, toto, pink floyd, zepplin, eagles, van halen, alice in chains, TOOL & a perfect circle. ok thats more than 3 or 4....

if i had to pick one of each category its pink floyd & tool.

Current faves, subject to change

Guy:: James Brown (runner up: George Clinton)

Gal: Rickie Lee Jones (runner up: Eva Cassidy)

Band: War (runner up: P-Funk)

Oh yeah, dead last band: the Beatles

I have got to get some Eva Cassidy music in my collection!!

I heard a beautiful song this morning on my local PBS affiliate's jazz station on HD radio. I had no idea who it was, and as it turned out, it was Eva. It was just beautiful to my ears...

"Songbird" is her best album with a version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that will thrill you to the depths of your soul. Originally issued cd but there is a quality pressing on vinyl.

• Like 1

Current faves, subject to change

Guy:: James Brown (runner up: George Clinton)

Gal: Rickie Lee Jones (runner up: Eva Cassidy)

Band: War (runner up: P-Funk)

Oh yeah, dead last band: the Beatles

I have got to get some Eva Cassidy music in my collection!!

I heard a beautiful song this morning on my local PBS affiliate's jazz station on HD radio. I had no idea who it was, and as it turned out, it was Eva. It was just beautiful to my ears...

"Songbird" is her best album with a version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that will thrill you to the depths of your soul. Originally issued cd but there is a quality pressing on vinyl.

thebes,

That seems to be the most recommended of her albums, and it is most likely the first one I'll add to my collection... :emotion-21:

Male: Blake Shelton for now even though I don't necessarily listen to country and I don't chew tobacco, but Seal and Old Blue Eyes are up there

Female: Amy Lee of Evanescence and Adele now, used to be Barbara Streisand in the old days

Band: Stones now, but used to be Supertramp, VanHalen and ZZ Top in the old days

Freddie Mercury… Honorable mention to Burton Cummings

Ann Wilson…(just edged out Grace Slick)

Queen

Hello Steve, long time no see around here!!

Knowing you like I do, I'd have probably guessed you'd list two of those three... :cool:

Edited by Rick

Freddie Mercury… Honorable mention to Burton Cummings

Ann Wilson…(just edged out Grace Slick)

Queen

Hello Steve, long time no see around here!!

Knowing you like I do, I'd have probably guessed you'd list two of those three... :cool:

Yeah grace slick and burton cummings were pretty obvious choices . Yeah--i'm not that hard to figure out with regards to Queen. They've been a huge part of my life. This sounds weird but i have a couple emails from Brian May and I've kept them. I've seen the Guess Who several times and love Burton Cummings solo work just as much.

Edited by BigStewMan

Geoff Tate (Queensyrche)

Jewel

Black Sabbath (Ozzy)

I've been in love Jewel for a long time!! ;)

I'm not crazy about her newer stuff, but her early material is great (IMHO), and her "The Essential Live Songbook" Blu-Ray is heavenly (for the ears and eyes)...

100479_full.jpg

Edited by Rick

Geoff Tate (Queensyrche)

Jewel

Black Sabbath (Ozzy)

I've been in love Jewel for a long time!! ;)

I'm not crazy about her newer stuff, but her early material is great (IMHO), and her "The Essential Live Songbook" Blu-Ray is heavenly (for the ears and eyes)...

I agree. This Way is my favorite album from a female artist period; it was masterful and she was simply breathtaking.