active crossovers

Skelt

Have you ever considered other than miniDSP kit active crossovers? 

For example there is a kit available: Najda DSP by WAF with features which are not available in many OTC units.

These extra features are:

1. 48, 96, 192 khz sampling rates.

2. I2S input (with help of addtional USB-I2S converter one can connect PC and and stream all what one wants, files, Spotify, Tidal etc.)

3. Integrated volume control of analog outputs, IR operated (no need for pre-amplifier, one can use Najda like an ordinary integrated amplifier with volume knob)

4. Several preset crossover setups assigned to IR remote controller (gentle slopes for low volumes, extreme slopes for loud listening for example), changed instantaneously.

5. Swapable opamps.

Besides it has all kind of filters, delays, EQs, FIR. It accepts analog and diigital (SPDIF and optical) inputs, has 8 outputs, easy expandable to 10. Priced EUR300 ($330) without power supply.

I am going to set it up soon and will share using experience.

--- edited:

6. Digital outputs (10 channels by SPIDF) so one can use Najda as pure crossover and further process divided signals in external DACs.

Edited by Mariusz_
  • Like 3

and will share using experience.

Yes, please...!

I'm especially interested in finding lower-cost active crossovers that are configurable to at least 96 kHz internal sampling rates and have very low noise for use with horn-loaded loudspeakers.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1