List Your Least

oldtimer

• Moderators

This list is longer than the favorites

But I'm confused, most that come to mind are NOT musicians OR singers, the only thing they are is an artist at is being marketed, the real talent is the people selling these "actors", apparently. :wacko:

This list is longer than the favorites

But I'm confused, most that come to mind are NOT musicians OR singers, the only thing they are is an artist at is being marketed, the real talent is the people selling these "actors", apparently. :wacko:

I also noticed that this list has quickly grown longer than the favorites thread...

I agree on the latter part of your post as well, though I'm not sure they even deserve to be called "actors"... lol...... :D

Guess I'm in the minority about Faith Hill. She tops my most disliked female singer because of her totally classless response to LOSING an award to Carrie Underwood.

There are so many that it is hard to narrow it down. With this disclaimer: I hate any of the thug, moronic attempt to rap. That said, I can listen to Kid Rock, Ice Tea, The Beasties, etc in small quantities.

Faith Hill

Kanye West (wouldn't know one of his songs if I heard it but he has to be one of the most classless individuals walking the earth).

Oasis ( who once claimed that they would be bigger than the Beatles. Another totally classless act)

Ron

I am constantly bewildered by those who have this concept of "winning" or "losing" an award. They aren't won, by definition they are awarded. You can't lose what you can't win.

1. Any

2. Male

3, Country Artist

Does this take into count all male country singers dating back to the 1930's?

Probably---I will go further and say it takes into account all of the ones that aren't even born yet. Of course, Johnny Cash is cool and I am slightly jealous of the dude married to Faith Hill, but..... I will admit it has more to do with the guys who listened to country music when I was growing up and think I was conditioned into my prejudice. :blink:

For half a second I thought JC was alive and married to Faith Hill.

:wub:

Way too many"artists' to mention, but there are styles of music I find painful to listen to.

"Scat" singing, there is a reason they call it that! Dreadful improvising by singers thinking their voice is a gift to be listened to without any lyrics . While I love Ella & Satchmo they did a diservice to jazz by creating this style. Lesser talents drove it into the ground.

"Free Jazz" You can keep it. No melody, just some over rated players playing random, endless riffs and disjointed notes. This includes some Hard Bop fore runners who are to blame for this musical ma$turbation.

In general 'popular music" or what passes for radio fare these days. Inane lyrics, poor singing that needs to be Auto-tuned, to make up for lack of talent. Boy bands, misogynistic rap, computer driven dance music, hack rock bands with predictable hooks, downright awful. Now there is nothing wrong with a great "pop" tune and there is a wide & diverse talent pool in all forms of music today, but it only gets heard on college radio stations, underground formats & interent outlets. Popular radio is worthless these days.

least favorite male: can i say beiber even if i've never heard him sing?

least favorite female: Miley Cyrus--only hearing about 10 seconds of one song was enough for her to lock in first place.

least favorite band: Fleetwood Mac--i turn the station every time i hear them.

Edited by BigStewMan

least favorite female: Miley Cyrus--only hearing about 10 seconds of one song was enough for her to lock in first place.

Hey Steve, Does that include all the various "line-ups" of Fleetwood Mac?

Hey Steve, Does that include all the various "line-ups" of Fleetwood Mac?

couldn't tell you, i've listened to so few. Go Your Own Way doesn't make me throw up; but, when that song Tusk came on scene--it just made me want to jab sharp instruments into my ears--and i just couldn't get past it. I would listen to them before a duet of Justin & Miley any day.