CLEAN McIntosh MC 2105 Amplifier & MX 113 For Sale w/ Factory Boxes

tidmack

After recently selling my La Scalas, I've also decided to part with one of my McIntosh setups as well. I've owned both of these pieces for about 5 years and they were used with with the La Scalas I sold in a previous thread. I'm a big fan of the sound from this McIntosh combination and I've had my other 2105/113 combo for nearly 20 years. If you don't want to dive into tubes but like a warm sound, I think you'll be happy with these. With my other combo like this one, I drive a pair of Klipschorns and am incredibly pleased with the sound. I've driven Cornwall I, II, III, Heresys, and various JBL speakers with this combo as well, and have never been disappointed or wishing for more power from the 2105.

Both pieces are quite clean, the chrome is nice on each, faceplates are near mint, and the chassis are rust free. Upon extremely close scrutiny, I did notice a couple imperfections on the bottom of the silkscreen on the 113, but I don't think it's delamination, but maybe a flaw in the silkscreening process. You can see it in the photos. I'm looking to get $1,150 for the 2105 and $650 for the 113. I will separate them if needed.

The 2105 weighs in at around 88 pounds in the box and the 113 weighs about 39 pounds boxed. Because I have McIntosh boxes, I am willing to ship these, but quotes will vary depending on your location. Pickup in zip 53154 can be arranged.

Buyers from Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri (St. Louis area only), Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin: I can offer you competitive shipping rates through Spee-Dee Delivery. Please contact me with your postal code for a quote.

International buyers: Please contact me with your postal code for a quote. I can ship these with FedEx Great Rate at a fairly decent price.

Thank you for your interest.

Jeff

IMG_7673Large_zpseb566d7c.jpg

IMG_7697Large_zps65fe554b.jpg

IMG_7675Large_zpsd6f83e52.jpg

IMG_7674Large_zpsfe582c1c.jpgIMG_7683Large_zps1bab600c.jpgIMG_7681Large_zps4595ba23.jpgIMG_7682Large_zps0bf3ae79.jpgIMG_7680Large_zpsd6c05bb2.jpgIMG_7698Large_zps8869d9ca.jpg

A member had a question about whether either unit has been serviced.

I didn't mention anything about either unit having been freshened up because I don't have any receipts. I saw the receipt for the 2105 from Flanner's here in Wisconsin, but the previous owner wouldn't give it to me because it had his credit card information on it. I asked for a copy to be sent with that information blacked out, but he never followed through. That particular servicing was pretty basic...pots cleaned, bench tested, etc. I believe maybe a cap was replaced, but it's been many years, so I'm not 100%.

I purchased the 113 from a gentleman who also said the unit had been gone through a couple years before my purchase, but again, I don't have any receipts to back it up.

I've also had a couple questions about delivering the pieces. It's a possibility, but time and fuel need to be added. I feel I have these priced correctly and don't have a lot of room to deliver for free.

Thanks again.

Jeff

• 5 months later...
I'm not gonna lie I can even read the don't at all in the first post on my phone. Don't even know you are asking for these.
I'm looking to get $1,150 for the 2105 and $650 for the 113. I will separate them if needed.

Good luck with the sell.