Sansui 9090 or Sansui G9000db

loudandclear

Did a search and found some results on the 9090:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=86f01325c3379f5b24b42e26888c27da&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_term=sansui+9090&search_app=forums&st=25

I do know *groomslakearea51 has responded on this forum in the past. He for one would have spoken on Sansui in the archive.

Sorry that is all I got other than I like Sansui product.

I've never heard the G9000 but have a small G5500 and have listed to the 7070 8080 (own one) and the 9090 and IMHO the G series that I have doesn't sound anywhere close to the other series but that may have no bearing on the G9000 sound or what you like. The 7070,8080 and 9090 all have the same sound and plenty of power and they are a very warm sounding receivers and in fact instantly reminded me of the days when I had tube gear. When I just want to listen to 2 channel, it's only the Sansui 8080 that I turn on. I think you really need to listen to both series so you can decide. Good Luck!

Hi all, would like some thoughts on what you think would be a better match with K-horns or would either one be good. Is one brighter than the other? And what is a good price to pay for one? Don't know much about either one, other than power ratings and what i have researched on the web. Thanks

I've owned both the G9000 and a factory 110V version of the G901 (same specs as the G9000) both sounded good with my Cornwalls. Not bright or sweet more neutral sounding.

I have since sold the G9000 and have a lower power tube amp in place of the Sansui's as they have too much power to not want to turn them up which equates to a low WAF here.

Wb

• Like 1