PB 13 ULTRA vs PSA XV30

timdog5000

I wish I would have done the diy before I bought 3 svs subs. I could sell them build 3 and probably have over a thousand left in my pocket. Just would hate to take the loss. Plus it's pretty effortless as is. But that 1k could help fund the pro speakers I buy in the future. Ahh will this ever end!

hey ref i sold the ultras for 2600 and that funded my whole build plus the omnimic system which i use ALOT. i would easily say you could fund three (i would do 4) and pocket 1200. IF you decide to do that i may have a buyer for the ultra in rosenut. my best friend has one and has asked me to keep an eye out for second but only in that color.

I think PSA just recently upgraded their drivers. The newest versions are a little more money but it should be money well invested. I was never impressed with the first gen PSA drivers and obviously they weren't either.

That's tempting I will let you know. I have been doing the math. 3 kpt904 and 3 18" diy subs. Would only be around 1k out of pocket. If I sell the front 3 speakers and the subs.

Yeah but...if you sell the RF-7IIs etc will you still be "reference_head"?

Checkout the new Chane subwoofer in gloss black. Some of their packges include the amp. Not much difference in cost compared to DYI. The sub on the right is an Outlaw for size comparison.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

That's tempting I will let you know. I have been doing the math. 3 kpt904 and 3 18" diy subs. Would only be around 1k out of pocket. If I sell the front 3 speakers and the subs.

he will have to do a one time name change to cinema_head

• Like 1

Yes, their prices have went up. I like the passive subs because the second sub is relatively cheap once you have and amp that you can add the second sub to have a dual setup. I got all mine on discount under Chase. These are the new Chane Subs since the merger. Getting up in price like other ID subs. That is why I got the VS 18.1' for $500 each. The new one is around $900.

lol that's a good question. My gf at the time ( now wife ) came up with the name when I was trying to think of a name for on here lol. Edited by reference_head

he will have to do a one time name change to cinema_head
At this point with owning reference heritage and if I get the pro. It would be Klipsch_Head :)

• 8 months later...

What a stupid chart. The second and third chart list totally different specs for the Svs PB-13 ultra. Whoever made that chart should look a little

Closer before they try to bash other companies flagship products. I'd still take Svs any day for their bill of rights and customer service over toms psa company.

The charts are correct. We used "sealed" mode when comparing the other product to our sealed Triax(now T-18) subwoofer as that provides the most similar performance signature. You're welcome to shop elsewhere of course, some do consider the Made in USA aspect to our products to be refreshing in this day and age though. 

Tom V. 

What a stupid chart. The second and third chart list totally different specs for the Svs PB-13 ultra. Whoever made that chart should look a little

Closer before they try to bash other companies flagship products. I'd still take Svs any day for their bill of rights and customer service over toms psa company.

Tom gets beat up pretty good over those charts on avs. People calling him out on a lot of his bs claims. Plenty of people stick up for him but the point is still made that its bad PR and some of it is just plain bs.

Well, there's about one troll that tries to 'call out" me. The funny part is whenever I ask for specific data that is incorrect I never get any answers. So, again...could you make a list of these "bs claims"?  I'd be happy to correct anything on our website that isn't accurate. Thanks.

Tom V. 

TomV,

A sincere welcome to the forum.

I hope you did not join the forum just to defend yourself, which by all means you should, but to offer your subwoofer expertise to this great forum. ;)  :D

Please stay around a while even after you break bread with your naysayers.

Bill

Seeing Tom V. post was a little surprising.  Welcome Tom.  The old post don't hold much water when we are discussing things and this forum is way different than AVS.  You can relax here and have some fun.  We could certainly learn somethings from your input.

I have dealt with Tom twice. Once to buy the PB12/Plus 2 and once to buy a pair of cherry XV30se. Both times treated well.

Comparison between the two would be unfair as the SVS was in a dedicated room and this pair is in a living / dining / entryway / kitchen. I set the PSAs up using Audyssey Pro on a quick cal as my new sides were not in the system and never really heard / felt anything much. This past weekend I happened to notice that one sub amp was not 'lit', found the power cord loose (from my moving speakers), re-attached and turned the gain up one notch on both; big improvement. I need to get one more wire run pulled for the left surround and then do a proper set up.