PB 13 ULTRA vs PSA XV30

timdog5000

I would like to hear your personal experience with your PB12/PLUS2.Does it have the 12.1,12.2 or 12.3 drivers? I have been on the lookout for one or a PB12/Ultra2.

I own a PB13ULTRA and an RSW-15.

I have heard a PSA XV15 In the exact location and level as my PB13ULTRA and HSU VTF-15H.In my opinion they are all great subs at their given price point.

I have dealt with Tom twice. Once to buy the PB12/Plus 2 and once to buy a pair of cherry XV30se. Both times treated well.

Comparison between the two would be unfair as the SVS was in a dedicated room and this pair is in a living / dining / entryway / kitchen. I set the PSAs up using Audyssey Pro on a quick cal as my new sides were not in the system and never really heard / felt anything much. This past weekend I happened to notice that one sub amp was not 'lit', found the power cord loose (from my moving speakers), re-attached and turned the gain up one notch on both; big improvement. I need to get one more wire run pulled for the left surround and then do a proper set up.

I would like to hear your personal experience with your PB12/PLUS2.Does it have the 12.1,12.2 or 12.3 drivers? I have been on the lookout for one or a PB12/Ultra2.

I own a PB13ULTRA and an RSW-15.

I have heard a PSA XV15 In the exact location and level as my PB13ULTRA and HSU VTF-15H.In my opinion they are all great subs at their given price point.

If directed to my post...I believe my PB12 had the 12.3 drivers. I sold it a while back when ordering the PSAs.

Opinion guided by Mr Barcardi tonight and without the benefit of same room and pretty much zero calibration I find the PSA to be faster and cleaner. My words; what does that mean to anyone else????

TomV,

A sincere welcome to the forum.

I hope you did not join the forum just to defend yourself, which by all means you should, but to offer your subwoofer expertise to this great forum. ;)  :D

Please stay around a while even after you break bread with your naysayers.

Bill

Hi Bill, I have actually been a member here since the 1990s. I just couldn't remember all my info from back then so I made a new account when someone asked me to address the above comments during a chat recently(comparing the Ultra to the new T-18). I still have 15-20 Klipsch speakers in my home although most are just collecting dust in various locations. A couple of old KLF30s(slightly modded) still sign nicely in one room though..:)

Tom V.

• Like 1