Dual RT-10D vs RSW-15 Comparison

Youthman

Congrats! Awesome setup. I use dual RT-12d's and love the musical quality of them. If you have a mic and get the free Klispch Commander software, you can do a lot finer calibrating of the RT-10d's. However, the Klipsch commander doesn't do multiple positions, so you may just want to stick with Audyssey. Personally, I didn't like like Audyssey XT, but a lot of folks do. XT32 is a lot better version though (IMHO). I've done A and B testing using the Audyssey flat curve, and XT32 does a great job in my weird shaped room with no treatments.

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 1

Sound like a great time enjoying some audio. That is the great part meeting or spending time with other people who enjoy audio, you have a lot to talk about right from the start. It is interesting to see how sound varies in the room related to the room modes.

Truth is I told my bride that I was going to A-B for a few weeks, swapping out the RT-10d's with the Revel B15 and see which i like best. I already know how musical the B15 is and how it will dig(audibly) deeper than the twin RT-10d's but musically is really where the tests will reside. Now during those few weeks if I can buy/sell enough gear to $$$ cover what I paid for the twin RT-10d's, the Revel B15 and the twins will stay at least a little longer.

So guys, if you see me place an ad or two in the Garage Sale section, jump on them as quickly as possible. :D

Bill

Edited by willland

Jeeze! Such a big room.

A good bit of "wasted" room between kitchen bar and my recliner. I may have my neighbor friend install an island bar/cabinet or something similar in that unused space. It will break things up a bit.

Bill

• Moderators

Had a great time visiting with Bill. This was my third time visiting Bill's home. Bill has a beautiful setup. We listened to some 2ch and the Cambridge Bluray with NAD sounded fantastic! We also demoed Flight of the Phoenix. As far as subwoofage goes.......Bill has the hook up. 4 subs provided plenty of LFE through the demo enough that it almost felt like he had bass shakers installed in his recliner. :D

The Revel and SVS subs are beasts. Massive subs that provided plenty of depth. The RT-10d's looked gorgeous in his room and matched perfectly to the other cherry wood accents.

As always Bill, you make a great host and a great friend.

I might have just done that if Michael would have brought his camera and his talents

Man, sorry about that. I totally forgot about bringing the camera.

I might have just done that if Michael would have brought his camera and his talents

Man, sorry about that. I totally forgot about bringing the camera.

You saw how I take photos? On the bright side, your superb photo taking would show all the dust in my room. :blush:

As always Bill, you make a great host and a great friend.

Back to you my friend and brother.

Bill

• Like 1

• 8 months later...