Klipsch walnut Cornwall II speakers - $675 (Denver, CO)

opusk2k9

I'm the one that purchased these. I stopped by to see them on Wednesday night on my way home from work but didn't have the vehicle I needed to take them home so I left a deposit with the seller who was a very nice gentleman. He said he had several others inquiring about the speakers and also had a dealer interested in purchasing them but he had no interest in selling to a dealer who would only turn around and sell them to someone else for $900. He wanted to sell them to someone that would enjoy them and despite the attention these received, honored his orignal asking price.

I picked them up Thursday night and got them home. They are in very nice condition as represented in the photos. Cane grills are original but one does seem to have a spot where maybe someone tried to clean something off of it as it is a bit lighter than the rest of the grill. Grills are a little loose so will need some new velcro. One of the woofers had been replaced. Speakers do sound very nice, just like what I remember Cornwalls sounding like since I sold the only pair of Cornwalls I've owned 13 years ago, and the very first pair of Klipsch speakers I ever bought. It didn't take very long to regret selling those Cornwalls.

I didn't tell my wife anything about these speakers but she knew something was up when I swapped vehicles with her. When I got home, she was asking me why I took her SUV to work. She then said "you bought speakers didn't you!" Without admitting to anything, I go outside to start unloading them when she comes out to get something from the car. She sees me taking out one of the speakers and without any assitance from me says "oh wow, you got Cornwalls! I know you've missed them ever since you sold your set!" So there is a woman who knows her husband and also knows her Klipsch Heritage speakers!

Sorry to those that were also hoping to purchase these speakers. Keep your eyes open and you will eventually find what you are looking for and unless you live in a remote area, you should be able to find some much closer to where you live.

Edited by JMON
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. By request, here they are in their new home. They are in a small room and very close to nearfield listening. As you can see, Khorns would not be a good fit in there. They sound great -- not quite as good as Khorns but not that far off to be honest. I'm very pleased.

15rh8k2.jpg

Here is what will be powering them:

29dfcx3.jpg

Edited by JMON
  • Like 3

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. By request, here they are in their new home. They are in a small room and very close to nearfield listening. As you can see, Khorns would not be a good fit in there. They sound great -- not quite as good as Khorns but not that far off to be honest. I'm very pleased.

15rh8k2.jpg

Here is what will be powering them:

29dfcx3.jpg

Yes indeed, KT88s powered, those critters should warm up those speaker coils!

• Like 1