Love the new forum but Search Function is difficult

Youthman

• Moderators

For example, if I'm looking for the RF-7 vs RF-7ii vs RF-83 Comparison thread and I try searching RF-7 vs RF-7II vs RF-83 or even without the hyphens RF7 vs RF7II vs RF83, the thread is nowhere to be found. :(

In the previous forum, the titles were searchable so if you remembered what your title was, it would pull up in the results.

• Like 1

• Moderators

No, I was looking for one of my threads that was Titled, RF-7 Vs Rf-7II Vs RF-83 Comparison - https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/146143-rf-7-vs-rf-7ii-vs-rf-83-comparison/?hl=%2Brf-7ii+%2Bcomparison

I found it but it was a pain. I'm thinking I should have been able to search for the keywords in the title and easily found it.

Edited by Youthman

I agree the search engine of the forums is wonky and this has been brought up several times. There will eventually be a fix. Hang in there. ;-)

Hey Chad,

While you're here, can you say if/when we'll be able to choose different themes for the forum? I'd love to be able to change the color scheme to something more colorful... :)

Edited by Rick

• Moderators

Thanks mungkiman. That did seem to work better. Searching for RF-7 Vs Rf-7II Vs RF-83 Comparison and changing it to "Search Titles Only" showed my thread about the 3rd one down (which is fine).

I agree the search engine of the forums is wonky and this has been brought up several times. There will eventually be a fix. Hang in there. ;-)

Glad that you are aware of it Chad. The forum is a HUGE improvement over the previous one and for that we truly thank you. Probably the single most used feature of the forum is the Search feature (at least it is for me). Most people wouldn't think to go to the advanced settings.

• Like 1