Poll: how do you feel about feedback

joessportster

This is kind of an informal poll, I will describe a situation and i would like to know if you feel it warrants Neg feedback, Of course if i leave neg im likely to receive neg from the seller

My personal opinion is seller deserves neg, and to hell with concerning myself if he responds with neg

I bought a DAC on Audiogon, seller immediately requested payment via email, wanted paypal, I offered to send money order which seller agreed to at 8pm i receive email with total, at 10:30 am the next morning i email seller money is on the way and i give tracking info.

following day seller receives money order, i send email to tell him tracking shows money order arrived, seller confirms arrival and responds will ship DAC next day (all going great so far), next day wed. no email till 1Am seller got stuck at work and could not ship, will ship tomorrow, Tomorrow comes no shipping, no excuse given, Friday comes no shipping and no reason given

I email it gets ignored next 3 days, Monday comes seller will not respond to emails, wont answer home phone. I call seller at work he says it will ship today and he will forward tracking. Midnight monday no tracking, no email, no calls.

Im pretty pissed by now as Ive been told 4 times DAC will ship and it has not, Since the seller lives 2 hours away I decided to call and I left a message stating i was going to involve the police if my item did not ship on tues. This lights a fire as before i can go to my email I already have a response stating no police necessary. He will deliver DAC to me, I agree to meet him half way, He shows up with a" New " DAC in a trash bag no box no paperwork, I confirm it is what it supposed to be and we part ways

no offer to refund what i payed for shipping ( At this point I'm just happy to have a DAC )

The DAC does work, and it looks like its fairly new, save for no box or manual (seller said left those at work)

So would you leave Negative

I have contacted him via email and described how i feel about the transaction, i made no mention of feeedback basically i want to see if he offers and follows thru with the box, manual and shipping refund.

His feedback is not that good, 6 transactions and 1 neg for failure to pay, I figured he was close enough if worse came to worse i could go to his house, All his seller feedback was good these are the only 2 reasons i bought from him

I basically give everyone the benefit of doubt for 1 neg, If i leave feedback I always tell the truth and don't embelish frankly they dont give enough space to carry on and on

Edited by joessportster

It makes you wonder if the feed-back he has is genuine or if others had the same thoughts as yourself, this is why on the odd occasion I have felt the need to give a negative I have gone ahead and given it. We all rely on the the feed-back system, it's not worth much if it's not utilized properly.

It makes you wonder if the feed-back he has is genuine or if others had the same thoughts as yourself, this is why on the odd occasion I have felt the need to give a negative I have gone ahead and given it. We all rely on the the feed-back system, it's not worth much if it's not utilized properly.

theses are my thoughts as well, I sure would like to know if someone is prone to bad dealing

This is kind of an informal poll, I will describe a situation and i would like to know if you feel it warrants Neg feedback, Of course if i leave neg im likely to receive neg from the seller

My personal opinion is seller deserves neg, and to hell with concerning myself if he responds with neg

I bought a DAC on Audiogon, seller immediately requested payment via email, wanted paypal, I offered to send money order which seller agreed to at 8pm i receive email with total, at 10:30 am the next morning i email seller money is on the way and i give tracking info.

following day seller receives money order, i send email to tell him tracking shows money order arrived, seller confirms arrival and responds will ship DAC next day (all going great so far), next day wed. no email till 1Am seller got stuck at work and could not ship, will ship tomorrow, Tomorrow comes no shipping, no excuse given, Friday comes no shipping and no reason given

I email it gets ignored next 3 days, Monday comes seller will not respond to emails, wont answer home phone. I call seller at work he says it will ship today and he will forward tracking. Midnight monday no tracking, no email, no calls.

Im pretty pissed by now as Ive been told 4 times DAC will ship and it has not, Since the seller lives 2 hours away I decided to call and I left a message stating i was going to involve the police if my item did not ship on tues. This lights a fire as before i can go to my email I already have a response stating no police necessary. He will deliver DAC to me, I agree to meet him half way, He shows up with a" New " DAC in a trash bag no box no paperwork, I confirm it is what it supposed to be and we part ways

no offer to refund what i payed for shipping ( At this point I'm just happy to have a DAC )

The DAC does work, and it looks like its fairly new, save for no box or manual (seller said left those at work)

1. I Always use PayPal. Paypal in your pocket as a a buyer is priceless, you cannot lose your money.

2. less than 4 hour drive go fetch the dam thing and take a buddy.

3. leave positive feedback anyway. just do not do business with this guy again.

You took a chance on a new seller, you ended up with what you wanted for the price you were willing to pay, and your alive to talk about it. id say that is pretty positive.

There are far more flakes out there than we care to think about, this 'Deal', will not be your last. lets just hope this is the worst you ever need to deal with.

Edited by minermark

1. I Always use PayPal. Paypal in your pocket as a a buyer is priceless, you cannot lose your money.

2. less than 4 hour drive go fetch the dam thing and take a buddy.

3. leave positive feedback anyway. just do not do business with this guy again.

You took a chance on a new seller, you ended up with what you wanted for the price you were willing to pay, and your alive to talk about it. id say that is pretty positive.

There are far more flakes out there than we care to think about, this 'Deal', will not be your last. lets just hope this is the worst you ever need to deal with.

You need to look into pay-pal protection a little closer, it would not have covered me in this transaction, unless they have undergone some significant changes of late they only cover buyers on EBAY purchases

I have a reason not to drive or ride 4 hours (spinal fusion)

Leave Positive anyway, Hopefully you get to follow up with people like this.

Price i was willing to pay for product i wanted, Not quite I did not want to pay shipping and i did not receive the box and manual with packing materials Very important to me (if i end up not liking the DAC signature now i cannot sell it with the original box and manual IE... i take a price hit)

Iv'e done several hundred deals via internet, and thus know all about the flakes, and i have already had worse deals than this one where they did indeed receive Neg feedback. I lost 400.00 to an A$$ that refused to ship my vinyl, no help from law enforcement, NO HELP FROM PAY-PAL

I am not a newbie to buying and selling on the net, been there done that, more than most. Question posed here was "Do you think the seller deserves Neg feedback" Apparently you do not !!!!!!!!!!

He should ship you the box, and Manual. And also refund your shipping...

My thoughts exactly which is why i sent an email explaining my dissatisfaction with the way the transaction was handled, and the facts that i paid shipping and he advertised the box and materials.

I figure if he shows a conscience, and ships me these things i will take the higher road and forget about Neg. Although so far he is just ignoring my communication, I plan to give him a day or 2

• Like 1