Poll: how do you feel about feedback

joessportster

Your honest feedback may encourage the seller to do a better job in the future. Why reward his poor performance with excellent feedback that is awarded to those that do an excellent job.

Keith

Edited by T2K
  • Like 1

This is kind of an informal poll, I will describe a situation and i would like to know if you feel it warrants Neg feedback, Of course if i leave neg im likely to receive neg from the seller

My personal opinion is seller deserves neg, and to hell with concerning myself if he responds with neg

I bought a DAC on Audiogon, seller immediately requested payment via email, wanted paypal, I offered to send money order which seller agreed to at 8pm i receive email with total, at 10:30 am the next morning i email seller money is on the way and i give tracking info.

following day seller receives money order, i send email to tell him tracking shows money order arrived, seller confirms arrival and responds will ship DAC next day (all going great so far), next day wed. no email till 1Am seller got stuck at work and could not ship, will ship tomorrow, Tomorrow comes no shipping, no excuse given, Friday comes no shipping and no reason given

I email it gets ignored next 3 days, Monday comes seller will not respond to emails, wont answer home phone. I call seller at work he says it will ship today and he will forward tracking. Midnight monday no tracking, no email, no calls.

Im pretty pissed by now as Ive been told 4 times DAC will ship and it has not, Since the seller lives 2 hours away I decided to call and I left a message stating i was going to involve the police if my item did not ship on tues. This lights a fire as before i can go to my email I already have a response stating no police necessary. He will deliver DAC to me, I agree to meet him half way, He shows up with a" New " DAC in a trash bag no box no paperwork, I confirm it is what it supposed to be and we part ways

no offer to refund what i payed for shipping ( At this point I'm just happy to have a DAC )

The DAC does work, and it looks like its fairly new, save for no box or manual (seller said left those at work)

So would you leave Negative

1. I Always use PayPal. Paypal in your pocket as a a buyer is priceless, you cannot lose your money.

2. less than 4 hour drive go fetch the dam thing and take a buddy.

3. leave positive feedback anyway. just do not do business with this guy again.

You took a chance on a new seller, you ended up with what you wanted for the price you were willing to pay, and your alive to talk about it. id say that is pretty positive.

There are far more flakes out there than we care to think about, this 'Deal', will not be your last. lets just hope this is the worst you ever need to deal with.

You need to look into pay-pal protection a little closer, it would not have covered me in this transaction, unless they have undergone some significant changes of late they only cover buyers on EBAY purchases

I have a reason not to drive or ride 4 hours (spinal fusion)

Leave Positive anyway, Hopefully you get to follow up with people like this.

Price i was willing to pay for product i wanted, Not quite I did not want to pay shipping and i did not receive the box and manual with packing materials Very important to me (if i end up not liking the DAC signature now i cannot sell it with the original box and manual IE... i take a price hit)

Iv'e done several hundred deals via internet, and thus know all about the flakes, and i have already had worse deals than this one where they did indeed receive Neg feedback. I lost 400.00 to an A$$ that refused to ship my vinyl, no help from law enforcement, NO HELP FROM PAY-PAL

I am not a newbie to buying and selling on the net, been there done that, more than most. Question posed here was "Do you think the seller deserves Neg feedback" Apparently you do not !!!!!!!!!!

I have always had the attitude the world is what I make it, sounds like you have had your share of bad deals. The bad guys will get theirs in the end. I just try and be the good guy on my side of any deal. my Ebay deals are just like anyone else's, even if I don't like some part of the deal I leave pos feedback because all neg feedback does is give you neg feedback, pretty soon you have a boatload of Neg's on Ebay, people shopping aint going to like that too much. I Wish you better luck in the future.

Sorry you're having a less than ideal experiance with that seller, Joe.

I'll echo the opinions of the responders who said to be honest about the deal with your feedback. You can say exactly what happened but do it in a diplomatic way. No name calling, cursing, or threats. Just the facts, man.

Good luck.

I have always had the attitude the world is what I make it, sounds like you have had your share of bad deals. The bad guys will get theirs in the end. I just try and be the good guy on my side of any deal. my Ebay deals are just like anyone else's, even if I don't like some part of the deal I leave pos feedback because all neg feedback does is give you neg feedback, pretty soon you have a boatload of Neg's on Ebay, people shopping aint going to like that too much. I Wish you better luck in the future.

If the offense is egregious enough and causes loss of funds (like Joe's situation) you're doing a huge disservice to any other buyer who deals with a crappy seller just to save your own precious feedback rating.

Did you ask him why this happened? Perhaps you could correspond one more time and ask for the manual and ask him what happened. Who knows, he may be going through a divorce and was not able to get into the house to get the thing. He could have been waiting for the owners to go out of town so he could smash and grab it (dtel). I always tell people I am going to leave negative feedback before I do it. Also, I have left positive feedback with 2 stars on one thing, and that usually gets a response. In fact, you will have the opportunity to increase it if they jump through your hoops.

The bottom line is this. Talk to him. Get your manual and a reimbursement for shipping and half the gas if you can. Don't leave a 5 start feedback even if positive. If you increase it, don't increase it all the way. If you do these things you will be teaching him that people on the receiving end of a purchase have lives too. It sounds as if that isn't part of his mindset.

I have never had a negative feedback on eBay. Even when I have left them. That is because the person knew why it was going to happen and knew damn well it was their fault. One more thing, if you have corresponded through eBay's email, then you have a case about a fraudulent negative (retaliatory) feedback.

If the offense is egregious enough and causes loss of funds (like Joe's situation) you're doing a huge disservice to any other buyer who deals with a crappy seller just to save your own precious feedback rating.

+1 This guy deserves negative feedback as a warning to any others who might be lured into dealing with him. Agon is not craigslist, that is why they have a feedback system to try to week out people like him. He is not a total fraud, but there is something not on the up and up.

Its pretty bad he didn't appreciate you jumping through hoops for his immediate payment and then in turn didn't care about doing the same for you. One thing I can't stand is people that continue to don't do what they say, but hey, thats the way of the world when it comes to the masses of dead beats these days. I would give him a chance to refund your shipping and deliver the box and manual, but I would hold my breath. Since this transaction was kind of personal and you're just two hours apart, you might just chalk this one up as a close one and put it in the books. People are nuts these days, and you sure don't want to walk outside to find your tires slashed...or worse!

Perhaps I should clairify why I would leave Pos feedback and have done so in the past.

Frist, I click on "Leave Pos Feedback"

second, I beat the chit outta the guys bad deal in the text. every time iv done this I get good feedback when they reply, they know what they did, they also know by me doing that they respond in kind.

Nobody really reads Pos feedback, everyone reads the Neg, but at least you get to tell them off.

I did contact the seller, he did respond that he would send the box, so i asked about my shipping he responded he would put that in the box, I will give it a few days and see (although i dont believe he will follow thru, im giving him benefit of doubt. It turns out the guy is a Dr. and in my experience most Iv'e met are pretty self centered

Mustang, I accepted the first excuse got stuck at work, I accepted the next 2 excuses That I never even got (IE...he didn't ship and no reason given),

What i cannot excuse is he then went into hiding and would not answer calls or email, and then on the 4th day i called him at work and he promised to ship, at midnight no tracking info and back in hiding, the only thing that prompted the seller to do something was my threat to involve the police, and his excuse for not shipping the 4th time "I left the box at work"

I don't know about you but when i get something ready to ship i have it in the box (4 promises to ship and he has not even put it in the box !!!!!!!!!, A little fishy :huh:

Joe

Max......love the avatar !

Me too!! In fact, I liked it so much that I felt inclined to add him to my friends list... :P

Sorry about the thread crap Joe. Due to the extreme popularity of my dogs and Beach Babes Avatar from several of the higher ranking folks here, I am retiring this one. I have enjoyed it for well over a year. I will however continue to shuffle out more "fetching" images much more often for all to enjoy. Cheers to all and good luck getting your box, manual and shipping fee Joe :)

Edit: My "Thread crap" comment was for my extended thank you to Rick, Dtel and a few others for their kind words. I was NOT calling them out for their comments in this thread, but my sentence structure didn't make that obvious. Once again, Good luck Joe !

Edited by Max2
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Sorry about the thread crap Joe.

Yes sorry, I started it.

I think you did the right thing, when you make a deal with someone you should give it at least some attention and follow through, he failed. Not responding to someone buying what your selling after payment is about the worst sign you could give to a customer.

Nobody really reads Pos feedback, everyone reads the Neg, but at least you get to tell them off.

If I'm researching a potential purchase I sure do.

I read the first couple, then all of the Negs, most important the thingy im buying.........there are always other sellers.....

well attempting to be diplomatic does not seem to have done much good, seller emailed 8 days ago stated after weather clears he would ship box and shipping refund, we have had no snow for 4 days now and surprise surprise still no contact and no shipping

I sent my final email moments ago, reminding him about his promise to ship box and refund, and that weather has been nice for a few days now, I also let him know I am not a fan of neg feedback but he certainly deserves it, could he PLEASE ship my items to avoid further issues

I will give him till this weekend, the Neg feedback if no response

What a PITA this guy has been

Well apparently the seller could care less about preserving his rating or about doing the right things so I have left negative feedback I copied and pasted it below

WORST transaction to date, Seller advertised with box and manual, and requested quick payment, I paid for item and shipping, seller promised to ship 4 times, I finally had to threaten police action, Then he agrees to meet for pick up, I spent 3 hours PICKING UP what I PAID TO HAVE SHIPPED when seller arrives my DAC is in a TRASH BAG...........BUYERS BEWARE