Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

Life gives us the chance to try new things, and the Lagavulin 16 was on sale here in NH ($69.99).

So Mark, what do I think of it?

Lagavulin16_zps8108c8cf.jpg

Damn this is eye opening stuff, makes my Bourbon taste like a sissy drink! Very aromatic to the nose, and very tasty indeed!

I have heard when you drink whiskey, where you feel the fire tells the age. This 16 year has no burn/fire only cobwebs to the eyes and warmth to the body :D:emotion-21::emotion-46:

Im impressed, drinking liquid oak is how i describe it, what do you think?

No more Glen Levet for you !

• Like 1

The Lagavulin has been my standard for aprox the last 22 years, i started out on Crap just like everybody else, found by sampling in a few select Pubs, i did not need to spend more than the cost of the drink instead of buying a bottle of something i had to choke down. that is how i worked my way up to the 16 year old. and by all means i still sample now and then, there are indeed many fine scotchs out there.

• Like 2

Sadly one blended I don't mind which I am craving, and don't mind mixing is crown and diet coke. Go ahead and throw tomatoes.

Well i commend anyone who can drink blended, it's way cheaper in the long run, myself however iv found drinking to a buzzed state with single malt, i wake up the next day just fine. i paid many visit to an asprin bottle as some have over the years only to hear a scotsman tell me drink the same ammount of single malt and see what happens, i did, and will never look back. he said the Blended is indeed Blended, but they never tell you what its Blended with !

• Like 1

• Moderators
drinking liquid oak is how i describe it

Sounds good, I will try it one day but really don't want to like it and I would hate to spoil my taste buds, there doing fine not knowing.

Sadly one blended I don't mind which I am craving, and don't mind mixing is crown and diet coke.

Had plenty crown in the past, I do have about 1/4 bottle left that my grandfather gave me that I have been milking for years, the top seal says it was bottled in 1955. Tried it side by side with the new stuff and it is much better by far.

My taste buds vary, having third pina colada as I type this, and it's good. :blush2:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Ok I just couldn't do it, so I went strait for some Templeton Rye. I know what minermark is talking about when drinking the good stuff. Crown is one of the only blended whiskys I can drink and not feel hungover. When I was 21 the first thing I ordered at the first bar was Scotch on the rock, God it was awful. I haven't got into to many Scotchs now to decide if I care for them or not. Though there are a few I wouldn't mind trying.

• Like 1

Ok I just couldn't do it, so I went strait for some Templeton Rye. I know what minermark is talking about when drinking the good stuff. Crown is one of the only blended whiskys I can drink and not feel hungover. When I was 21 the first thing I ordered at the first bar was Scotch on the rock, God it was awful. I haven't got into to many Scotchs now to decide if I care for them or not. Though there are a few I wouldn't mind trying.

I started out on Glenfiddish, then the Levet, Mcallan(all years), to this day there are many iv never and will nerver try, wild turkey, jack danials, well scotch, after iv wittnessed what this does to people, iv no reason to go there.

I really do wish i could enjoy more reasonable priced libations, but alas im doomed, when mining/camping i drink out of the bottle, every year there is always some youngin that does not know when im tipping the bottle, im sipping, they take the bottle and take a slug, 4 out of 5 puke instantly, dam youngins just dont listen......... :unsure:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Corndogs, DosXX and killed my flask, my good wife knows what im up to, she got me home from the swap meet, getting wasted before the denist in the morning.

Working on the Lagavulin as a i type, Guinness time. :emotion-46::emotion-22::emotion-19: Crankin SRV , Otis and Albert to follow.

• Like 1

Wife just entered the Cave and informed me of impending Pecan/Choc chip cookies are in the oven, so when she reached for the Lagavulin, i pulled the cork for her, good wife.

Huley Maduro, Guinness, Lagavulin, and SRV, life is good.

• Like 2