Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

• 3 weeks later...

Well dam man, would you know it, Scotch, Guinness, Maduro all going well, just warmed up the Amps, start to fire up a tune and iv got a screaming fan going bad in the PC.

I think there five in there, so one is no biggie, time to yank a wire, and might as well blow it out. ill be back...... :ph34r: 

• Like 3

I've always avoided scotch because my uncle would drink about a gallon of it every day.  Yeah.  

I do enjoy rum nowadays though.  Normal rum sucks but I have a thing for Kraken.  It's almost like bourbon except it actually tastes good as well as being and tasting significantly stronger.  Plus, my home theater is pirate themed.  You can't drink bourbon in the pirates lair, rum is the rule.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Moderators
Normal rum sucks but I have a thing for Kraken.

Never tried Kraken, will have to change that. Pirate themed HT, cool idea. :emotion-21:  

I know this should be about Scotch but I'm kind of stuck on Bloody Mary's at the moment. :)

The front porch lights are off to avoid the possible FIRST stray trick-or-treater in 17 years, as usual we never got candy.

• Like 1

• Moderators
duder1982, on 01 Nov 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Could sound better, on 31 Oct 2014 - 8:22 PM, said:

Lookit!

Thats good stuff, I drank a half of a bottle on accident a couple weeks ago.

I hate when accidents like that happen. :angry:

Never tried Kraken, will have to change that.

Kraken is really rich and strong, tastes nothing like white rum. It's all I buy anymore.

Pirate themed HT, cool idea. :emotion-21:

Thanks. My wife and I are big fans of south Florida and Caribbean vacation spots and fell in love with the colorful houses that you often find in such places, plus we've been big Jimmy Buffett fans for the last 20 years. So, when we built a new house, everything was themed like that, pastels, beach art, multiple swordfish mounts, the whole 9 yards. When it came time to put the media room together, we tried a formal and nice paint theme and décor but it just never felt right. Switching everything to black and calling it the pirate room felt more appropriate. The only problem is it is a total PITA if not impossible to get decent pictures due to the rock bottom light reflective value of the paint, plus finding classy pirate décor is very difficult, most pirate décor is of the super-cheesy cartoonish type. Finding dark, serious, antique'ish looking stuff that doesn't clash against a true black wall is harder than it sounds.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Moderators
MetropolisLakeOutfitters, on 01 Nov 2014 - 1:12 PM, said:

dtel, on 31 Oct 2014 - 7:51 PM, said:

Never tried Kraken, will have to change that.

Kraken is really rich and strong, tastes nothing like white rum. It's all I buy anymore.

dtel, on 31 Oct 2014 - 7:51 PM, said:

Pirate themed HT, cool idea. :emotion-21:

Thanks. My wife and I are big fans of south Florida and Caribbean vacation spots and fell in love with the colorful houses that you often find in such places, plus we've been big Jimmy Buffett fans for the last 20 years. So, when we built a new house, everything was themed like that, pastels, beach art, multiple swordfish mounts, the whole 9 yards. When it came time to put the media room together, we tried a formal and nice paint theme and décor but it just never felt right. Switching everything to black and calling it the pirate room felt more appropriate. The only problem is it is a total PITA if not impossible to get decent pictures due to the rock bottom light reflective value of the paint, plus finding classy pirate décor is very difficult, most pirate décor is of the super-cheesy cartoonish type. Finding dark, serious, antique'ish looking stuff that doesn't clash against a true black wall is harder than it sounds.

Going to have to try some Kraken thanks.

I completely get the south Florida and especially Caribbean style, just got back Sunday, it's addicting we keep going back.

The patio by the front porch has all the furniture and even the ceiling fan painted in Caribbean colors. We redid the garden and added a 16x24 structure and made it into a tiki bar, bamboo, fish nets, hammocks, a pond and a bunch of other decorations.  

We put some Heresy's out there up in the roof hidden by a fishing trawl for music, it's is really a great place to lay out and listen to music. I love the style and could live down there, and this from someone who hates sand and beaches, but the Caribbean is different. This is one pic from just the other day in this thread. https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/135353-what-i-got-today/page-66

Post you pictures somewhere so we can see what your talking about, I love the idea.

One thread, all Links.

Iv done a search and found a few bits and pieces here and there.

I do know there are many just like myself that come after a days work and have a good Tune in mind, then maybe a wee bit of scotch, not long after that a Good cigar comes into play. in my case the wife comes home about two hours after me, many times she has stated, Feels just like walking into an old world Pub !, Patsy Cline cranked, cigar smoke in the air, bottle of Lagavulin sitting on the desk and soon, her.

Cigars and Scotch can be bought Online, I thought myself, and maybe a few others would be so kind as to kick down their sources also:

Scotch: http://www.singlemaltsdirect.com/

Oh yea baby, I've found my soul mate. Patsy Cline, Hank I or Hank III, a fat stogy, a glass of single malt or blended, no matter..... Heaven. Trying to juggle a fishing rod and a cigar at the same time is the only thing that could make it even better.

FWIW, I get my liquor at SPEC's. Best price in town.

Cheers!!! :emotion-46:

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1