Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

39 minutes ago, Opus said:

Glenfiddich 12

35+ years ago in the OC, after the working day was over, met up with a couple buds at the local Bar on the way home.

One day wile downing the Norm Domestic brew, i noticed one of the guy's having something on the rocks.

Ask him whats up? It's the Glen he said, and one of these make your feel like you have had three beers!

So my first thought was i can get a buzz without being full for half price:emotion-21:

He stated it was an Acquired taste, but the benefits were, buzz with little to no hangover.

Well hell, iv not had one domestic brew since.

So the Glen was my first

within a year the Levet was the next level.

Blended was out for my lifetime.

Now im dialed on taste, Highland / Lowland / speyside  

Cost is irrelevant these days.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, minermark said:

Now im dialed on taste, Highland / Lowland / speyside  

Cost is irrelevant these days.

Speyside for me.  :emotion-21:

And, I'll enjoy an Islay every now and then... generally some variant of Laphroiag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Opus said:

Speyside for me.  :emotion-21:

And, I'll enjoy an Islay every now and then... generally some variant of Laphroiag.

If i dont get kicked with the "Peat", i dont buy a bottle. the Lap has been described as Both "Smokey / Peaty".

19 minutes ago, minermark said:

If i dont get kicked with the "Peat", i dont buy a bottle. the Lap has been described as Both "Smokey / Peaty".

You would probably enjoy Ardbeg 10 Years Old.  It's real peaty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, ssh said:

If you smoke cigars and enjoy a bargain, I recommend the La Aurora 1495 series. My second box came today, different size (Churchill, now Sumo Toro) 92 rated Cigar Aficionado.

SSH

I always keep 1495s in my humidor. A great bargain smoke. 

Bought some Glenfiddich 21 yesterday...EXTREMELY pricey for my CURRENT budget...probably gonna wait 'til holiday season to crack it open.  Today's sip is Dalwhinnie 15.  I really like Dalwhinnie!  It has Great  traditional highland flavor...and very smooth.  It has become one of my regular "go-to" bottles.  The best Scotch I ever had, though was a Barrel-Proof Knockando that was over 120 proof...maybe even over 130 proof...can't remember...that I picked up just after Christmas at the Little Rock Air Force Base Class IV...in the mid to late 1990's...for way under half price, which was STILL way over 100 bucks!  It was so smooth for its octane rating that when I took a SMALL pour of it, and felt NOTHING as the first sip went down, then within a few seconds of hitting my stomach, it was like my stomach had a heater start up inside it...just a deep WARMTH...and my face flushed and within a few MORE seconds my ears got HOT, and my speech was slurred...from just the FIRST SIP!  My GAWD it was smooth with a wonderful taste on my pallet!  Surry (a very old friend) and I were at his New Year's Eve party when I cracked it open (PRIOR TO THE CROWD ARRIVING), and we had first sips together, and we both looked at each other and said this is WAY TOO DANGEROUS, but it is SOOOO DAMNED GOOD!  I still don't think I have ever had any Scotch come even close to that other than that ONE-time purchase of that bottle.  I have looked for it for years since, and NEVER found anymore of it...but it is SURELY WORTH THE PRICE, even the NON-DISCOUNTED PRICE.  If you ever get a chance for a sip, DO NOT TURN IT DOWN...But ALSO ensure you don't have to drive anywhere afterwards!  If I'm lying I'm DYING!  UNBELIEVABLY FANTASTIC stuff!  Needless to say, Surry and I decided that since most guests would need to drive back home that night...we would just HIDE the bottle REALLY well where nobody was likely to look for anything.  For a few years afterward, whenever I showed up, we would have a small sip of that stuff...sure wish I had the bottle to give more info on it, now!

• Like 1