Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

Crikey.  I am obviously either just a lush or have very wide bandwidth.  I have NEVER met a single malt I didn't like.  People, yes.  Single malt?  No. 

Granted, some provide more bliss than others, but the Scots are clueless as to how to make bad whisky.  If they don't care for it, they mix it together, call it "blended," and sell it to people with not a single working taste bud or olfactory nerve in their heads...starting with their neighbors to the south.  :rolleyes:

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Crikey.  I am obviously either just a lush or have very wide bandwidth.  I have NEVER met a single malt I didn't like.  People, yes.  Single malt?  No. 

Granted, some provide more bliss than others, but the Scots are clueless as to how to make bad whisky.  If they don't care for it, the mix it together, call it "blended," and sell it to people with not a single working taste bud or olfactory nerve in their heads...starting with their neighbors to the south.  :rolleyes:

Dave

Not a bad review Dave, you get a "Like" for that  :emotion-21: 

And i realize that statement could ONLY come from one who has sampled one or two :cool:

Yezzir.  From dam near light as moonshine to dark as molasses single malts rule.  The US makes some fine whisky, but also makes stuff I wouldn't burn in a turbine. 

Dave

Not to shun the crowd, iv walked into many of Bar and ask about their single malt collection, only to to be told (With Pride) in his voice, sir we have the finest 12 year old Glenlevet (i would not light my BBQ with this) i simply say fine i'll have a Beer.

P.s. to all of the pep's fellow forum members, this is NOT a reflection on your taste !

My comments are not to influence your taste buds, my statements come from 40+years of "Sampling" :wacko: 

Duder, Glenlivet 12 or 15 is a safe bet if you like something simple and smooth. Those are good ones to get started with, until you develop the palate for something more intense and complex.

My wife has been giving me crap lately about the whisky drinking. Gotta lay off for a while, I guess.

• Like 1

Duder, Glenlivet 12 or 15 is a safe bet if you like something simple and smooth. Those are good ones to get started with, until you develop the palate for something more intense and complex.

My wife has been giving me crap lately about the whisky drinking. Gotta lay off for a while, I guess.

Not a bad thing, you will save a little money, my wife see's me heading for the cave she's out here with her Own shot glass.

Early Evening gang

Posed a comment to the wife, what ya cookin? PorkChops, have not had those critters in years.

Distillers Edition is-a-flowin, yep need to break-in this Retirement BS.

@ 87 Spl

Wife pops in for a re-fill ask where is whitesnake @ 85Spl gave a refill and currently @105Spl.....

Edited by minermark

Give another option or two! I've got a Macallan under the bar too. I'm down with the scotch and the more choices the better.

I do not have an option for "Your" taste, i know, it's a tasters world.

Some will swear by firewater that will blister your lips, i will not rant about things iv not tried, only what (Through sampling) i have.

Believe me iv made my share of $100 mistakes, they get drank sooner or later.

This is a world of the Right Cigar, and the Right Scotch or dare i say the Right woman, one must sample before we know what we are doing.

I opened a bottle of Glenmorangie Original last week... I think this is my favorite non-peaty variety so far. I like it better than some of the more-expensive aged Highlands and Speysides. Not super complex, but nice flavor and very smooth for a cheap and lesser-aged whisky.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good day one and all

Workin on the Dodge project and drinkin Guinness Blond, have not quite got to the single Malt yet, but it's sitting here looking at me.

Currently drilling and just about ready to Tap, so better not get too tippsy :blink::o

• Like 1

Break time, broken bolt drilled and tapped, time for a Nip.

And Yes ,CEC "Are you reverse engineering one?"

Have prints and drawing(s) of six verisions, but we cannot pass one up in Brentwood for 2K come and get it kind of thing :emotion-21:

Just waiting for Jer to say the word for a weekend in SoCal.

Edited by minermark