Newbie with an "idea."

eth2

Hello All,

I hope you will not think I am obnoxious for just joining the Forum and offering an "idea" about the site, but given the number of "local only" sales, wouldn't it make sense for the website to be formatted in such a way as to have the location of the item listed on the summary page? I have been looking for certain speakers/amps and when I see what I am looking for I get all excited, only to find out that it is 1000 miles away and sold for local pick-up only. Sorry for being a know-it-all, and this is a great forum. ;)

This is the garage sales section. :)

What speakers and amp are you looking for?

Look in the next thread below this one and you will see he is already in his ford station wagon driving to NY, amazing how fast that went down....

He is buying these. Cornscala C's for sale

Edited by minermark

Hello All,

I hope you will not think I am obnoxious for just joining the Forum and offering an "idea" about the site, but given the number of "local only" sales, wouldn't it make sense for the website to be formatted in such a way as to have the location of the item listed on the summary page? I have been looking for certain speakers/amps and when I see what I am looking for I get all excited, only to find out that it is 1000 miles away and sold for local pick-up only. Sorry for being a know-it-all, and this is a great forum. ;)

Well, I don't think you are being obnoxious.

This great forum first and foremost, is a community of Klipsch owners and appreciators who exchange ideas and experiences with our said Klipsch speakers. We love to help others and also take full advantage of the plethora of knowledge that is compiled from our many dedicated members. Believe it or not, this sight became a place for buyers and sellers of Klipsch(and other gear) by default. But we don't want to be known as a place to peddle our gear as the main objective.

Hence, this is why the Garage Sale section is not more comprehensive. It would be nice though if when an ad is placed for the seller to clearly state where the item for sale is. :unsure:

Others may agree or not with my assessment but this is how I see our forum.

Bill

Edited by willland

Hello All,

Well, I don't think you are being obnoxious.

This great forum first and foremost, is a community of Klipsch owners and appreciators who exchange ideas and experiences with our said Klipsch speakers. We love to help others and also take full advantage of the plethora of knowledge that is compiled from our many dedicated members. Believe it or not, this sight became a place for buyers and sellers of Klipsch(and other gear) by default. But we don't want to be known as a place to peddle our gear as the main objective.

Hence, this is why the Garage Sale section is not more comprehensive. It would be nice though if when an ad is placed for the seller to clearly state where the item for sale is. :unsure:

Others may agree or not with my assessment but this is how I see our forum.

Bill

I suppose im guilty of this, maybe I could take a second to post location, but I always figured if I see a craigs listing I slam that puppy as fast as I can, location is always stated in the listing.

I suppose im guilty of this, maybe I could take a second to post location, but I always figured if I see a craigs listing I slam that puppy as fast as I can, location is always stated in the listing.

My reply was referring to member placed ads but maybe I misunderstood the OP.

Bill

No, I was referring to member placed ads, but I will learn my place and keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

You did bring up a valid point and you are appreciated for it. Your place in this community is right here with the rest of us nuts. :D

Bill

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Dam, I sure burn through my 'likes' awful fast, maybe I can purchase some somewhere.........

No, I was referring to member placed ads, but I will learn my place and keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

You did bring up a valid point and you are appreciated for it. Your place in this community is right here with the rest of us nuts. :D

Bill

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Dam, I sure burn through my 'likes' awful fast, maybe I can purchase some somewhere.........

You didn't even make it to 7 am.

Whenever i read an add, first question is always, where is it?

This is me ^^^^

Ron

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day--------------well I got one in there.

Well, we will just do a work-around...minermark likes

Whenever i read an add, first question is always, where is it?

This is me ^^^^

Ron

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day--------------well I got one in there.

Well, we will just do a work-around...minermark likes

I keep an eye out for some "Likes" wile at the swap meet today, and that reminds me, I better wake wife....early bird thing.

• Like 1