Psychologists: Internet Trolls Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic

Chris A

Community Service Announcement...

I thought twice before posting this, but the bottom line is that it is useful in dealing with certain types of individuals on any forum.

You've seen their contributions before, so perhaps some of this might be useful when you run into those situations whereby someone either trolls or "thread craps" (i.e., a recognized internet term for a certain behavior type on forums), This is from Slashdot, and it's pretty plain spoken about the results of the study:

Just as a suggestion, if commenting on this subject I'd recommend commenting of your experiences whereby troll behavior might or might not match the personality disorders listed, not to prove that you are in fact one of them. :rolleyes:

140214_CDESK_MachiavellianTraits.jpg.CRO

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 3

"Internet Trolls Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic"

Why, Why how dare you sir speak of thee in such a demeaning manor!

Iv been on me Meds for the better part of 50 years give or take.

It's up to all americans to make dam sure the flow of scotch and Guinness is NEVER interupted!!!!

Why, iv been called worse by better!

now back to our regular program.......

Standard disclaimer: my hobby is gold dredging, and that is 50+ years worth of handling snakes, vermin, women, rouge claim partners, drinkin a little and handling mercury, yeah babe, lots of mercury.

perhaps a little got in me somewhere along the line, just think of me a s"Jack" in the one that flew over the coco's nest.......

• Like 3

:rolleyes:

This topic is interesting. I've often wondered if companies go back and study posts people make before hiring them. Especially with Chrome tracking everywhere I've been, it would be easy for Google or one of it's subsidiaries to not hire me :D

I take that as I will never work again.........

Edited by minermark

I know what you're thinking,troll. You're thinking am I narcissistic, psychopathic or sadistic?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya,troll?

Apologies to Harry Callahan.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

I know what you're thinking,troll. You're thinking am I narcissistic, psychopathic or sadistic?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya,troll?

Man after my own heart.......

Interesting topic. Is there a longer article?

This reminds me of what I do for a living, the biggest part of which is handling transactions. I can always tell when a litigator is pretending to be a transactional guy because we end up in a pissing match over a bunch of things that do not matter. Fighting for the sake of fighting, which is very tiresome.

Then again, I made this all about me so I guess that means that I am narcissistic. I better work on that...

• Like 1

Dirty Harry was none of the above, he was a liar. The Pfeifer Zeliska 28mm Revolver was much bigger.

biggest-revolver-main.jpg

0.jpg

aaremingtonlargest-revolver-0.jpg

Am I trolling?

some people are just arseholes by nature.

we can not in good faith, blame outside influence on every single nuance in our personalities, specially the negative ones... I'm just sayin.

Edited by Schu

Dirty Harry was none of the above, he was a liar. The Pfeifer Zeliska 28mm Revolver was much bigger.

biggest-revolver-main.jpg

0.jpg

aaremingtonlargest-revolver-0.jpg

Am I trolling?

Not necessarily. But it does show a sense of humor.

Closer to the topic---Most of the psychology majors I knew in school fit into one of those three categories.

Yes indeed, and my kid would be one of them, UC Santa Barbra, is I think what we paid for.

We call her our own lil Dr Laura. Unemployed of course.......

Edited by minermark

Closer to the topic---Most of the psychology majors I knew in school fit into one of those three categories.

Yes indeed, and my kid would be one of them, UC Santa Barbra, is I think what we paid for.

Good thing my foot is clean.

Good thing my foot is clean.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.........just cannot get a break today......

Community Service Announcement...

I thought twice before posting this, but the bottom line is that it is useful in dealing with certain types of individuals on any forum.

You've seen their contributions before, so perhaps some of this might be useful when you run into those situations whereby someone either trolls or "thread craps" (i.e., a recognized internet term for a certain behavior type on forums), This is from Slashdot, and it's pretty plain spoken about the results of the study:

Just as a suggestion, if commenting on this subject I'd recommend commenting of your experiences whereby troll behavior might or might not match the personality disorders listed, not to prove that you are in fact one of them. :rolleyes:

Chris

In my other forum these would be my stats:

34060 comments 117785 like votes,,,,,sooooo, if I could possibly be a troll, anit nobody told me till now!

Edited by minermark