Bi wire heresy III

dougie834

yes. I use two fully re designed and rebuilt Quad 405 stereo blocks one vertical per speaker. You can obtain fine results with a pair of matching 50 watt per channel stereo blocks. You can pick up amps like the Hafler DH120 for cheap and they respond very well to upgrade work later if you want to optimize your bang for the buck. You did not say what you are running now. When bi amping your watts go a lot farther. The only way that you are going to answer your question to your satisfaction is for you to borrow or buy a used set of amp and listen. Do it and find out. Music shops will rent you amplifiers for a few days for very little so that is an option. Good luck and best regards Moray James.

PS: welcome aboard.

Edited by moray james

Is there any owners of heresy III who use them bi wired If so is there any improvements or just a change to the sound,is it worth the extra outlay for more speaker cable ?

Been there, done that, won't bother doing it again.

If your speaker wire is sufficient in size, there's no benefit to bi-wiring.

I never owned the HIII's, do they have bi-wire connectors with the jumpers? If they do (as khorns and Lascala's and Belles upgraded to AB-3's), and if you have an amp (SS ot tube) that has output transformers....you can bi-wire and use the different taps on the output transformer to tweak the outputs of the HF vs the LF. LF on 8 ohm, HF on 16 ohm would give you a +3db HF section, LF on 16 ohm and HF on 8 ohm would give you a + 3db LF section. etc, etc.

Wasn't the question about bi-wiring? :unsure2:

Dennie

Dennie second time trying to respond. You are right my bad but in my defense I do use two pair of speaker cables. Experimenting with bi wire does not have to be expensive so he can find out to his own satisfaction. Something else that is interesting to play with is to connect the two loudspeakers negative terminals to each other. This can be done at the loudspeakers and it can be done directly at the amplifier both points sound a little different. some zip cord and the op can know for himself what it will sound like. There is no substitute for personal experience. Best regards Moray James.