When - Klipsch Reference ( III ) ?

KLiPOLiSH

Hi. I'm looking for information about new Klipsch Reference line ( when Klipsch planning to make new line speakers )

And one suggestion - Many people in Europe don't buy Klipsch Reference because back ports are difficult to set. Rooms in Europe are little bit less and speakers must stand closer the wall. I think you'll sell more speakers with front ports :)

• Like 1

At the wavelengths that most medium to large vented cabinets function at, the orientation of the port of is of little consequence in terms of acoustic performance.

Until they are too close to the wall.

Welcome to the forums!

Bruce

I feel that vents are more prone to issues with wall proximity than are passives as the passive radiator spreads out the air it moves over a much larger area where reflex vents concentrate the air motion and air velocity can also become problematic further too close a proximity to a reflective surface causes problems. This happens inside the cabinet and I suspect that this is one of the reasons why passive radiators sound better than vents do. Welcome to the forum. Best regards Moray James.

People avoid speakers with back port ( generally - not only Klipsch ) because this speakers often ''blare''. The wall coloures bass.

Often we must stand speakers 15/20cm by the wall. Maybe you have (USA/Canada) different houses ( materials ) which better absorbe bass.

I think that front port doesn't hurt in big rooms but it can to help in medium or small. Many speakers have front bassreflex and play very good ( for example Paradigm Signature/Studio )

Monitor Audio is very popular in Europe , Paradigm Monitor was popular till 2007 ( line v4 ) new series doesn't. Dali Zensor / Ikon very popular. New series JBL doesn't ( with back bassreflex )

Sorry for my English - I learn shortly :)

Hi. I'm looking for information about new Klipsch Reference line ( when Klipsch planning to make new line speakers )

And one suggestion - Many people in Europe don't buy Klipsch Reference because back ports are difficult to set. Rooms in Europe are little bit less and speakers must stand closer the wall. I think you'll sell more speakers with front ports :)

Klipsch needs to pay attention to your comment. Is Klipsch considered somewhat exotic in Europe being an "American sound"?

I know that SME turntables are "exotic" here and VPI turntables are exotic in Europe. It si amazing what transporting a product across the Atlantic can do to its sound quality. ;)

• 1 month later...

Klipsch needs to pay attention to your comment. Is Klipsch considered somewhat exotic in Europe being an "American sound"?

I know that SME turntables are "exotic" here and VPI turntables are exotic in Europe. It si amazing what transporting a product across the Atlantic can do to its sound quality. ;)

All "Euro" Klipsch made in China.

I’m from EU and see no issues with back firing ports even in small apartments/rooms. If your room is not big enough for a pair of the large towers you won’t buy towers no matter if they are front or back ported. Get a pair of book shelf speakers and back ported book shelf speakers sound great even in small rooms.

A lot of people in EU simply cannot afford Klipsch or don’t know enough about that brand and prefer better advertised or cheaper “Ikea quality” brands.

Edited by dimanata2007

• 8 months later...

I’m from EU and see no issues with back firing ports even in small apartments/rooms. If your room is not big enough for a pair of the large towers you won’t buy towers no matter if they are front or back ported.

I don't agree with that. It would be really nice to be able to put RF-7ii's flat up against the wall. It seems that more people nowadays are buying them for home theater use with a sub, not for dedicated two-channel listening with unlimited space. For home theater use you typically want them close to the wall but the rear firing port makes that kinda weird. I have mine fairly close and can confirm that it does unnaturally exaggerate some of the bass. I'm not about to pull them out in the middle of the floor though. Have even went so far as to wonder if I could plug them with foam.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters