Help! Need WAF Speaker Stands for RS-7

maseline_98

I'm looking for speaker stands for RS-7s or some plans for building the stands myself. We moved last year into a new a house and my wife(for whatever reason) does not want them hanging on the wall. They have been in their boxes since we have moved and will probably continue to stay there until I have stands for them. We do have a 8 month old baby and I'm worried that she could pull them down on her(whenever she begins to walk which will probably be a few months from now). I still think it's better to hang them, but I guess they don't match the decor.

They are some big surrounds speakers. Get some smaller speakers or in-wall speakers. Sell the RS 7 to fund the purchase. My wife would not go for them either and she compromised on the RS 35. Later, she still kicked me out of the family to the basement. The big subs were the last straw, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

I dont have any drawings but a pair of stands that are easy to adjust in weight (heavier means more stable) I took MDF made 4 matching plates large enough to be stable, I then took schedule 40 PVC 3" and cut 3 pieces to desired length 2 plates get 3 equally spaced in a triangle pattern 3" holes cut in them (i used a hole saw) place one solid plate down and attach one with holes in it top, silicone the 3 pipes into these holes, make your plate for the top the same way as the bottom only dont install it yet, fill the 3 pipes with sand or ?, now silicone the top plate over the pipes these held up awesome and were very sturdy

Paint to desired color

• Like 1

I dont have any drawings but a pair of stands that are easy to adjust in weight (heavier means more stable) I took MDF made 4 matching plates large enough to be stable, I then took schedule 40 PVC 3" and cut 3 pieces to desired length 2 plates get 3 equally spaced in a triangle pattern 3" holes cut in them (i used a hole saw) place one solid plate down and attach one with holes in it top, silicone the 3 pipes into these holes, make your plate for the top the same way as the bottom only dont install it yet, fill the 3 pipes with sand or ?, now silicone the top plate over the pipes these held up awesome and were very sturdy

Paint to desired color

They sound heave duty but the toddler could still pull the speaker off the stand.

Paint to desired color

They sound heave duty but the toddler could still pull the speaker off the stand.

Agreed, I was just offering a cheap option in response to the question / request

I have no idea how big or heavy his speakers are, I will leave parenting to the parent :rolleyes:

I'm not sure in wall speakers will work, but I did consider it. The one wall is an exterior wall and it has spray foam insulation in it...

Not going to want to put one there then.

If you ended up mounting the RS-7's on that particular wall, you'd have to have exterior wiring. You'd never fish a wire through a wall with spray insulation in it. They do make some very nice wire covers though.

We do have a 8 month old baby and I'm worried that she could pull them down on her(whenever she begins to walk which will probably be a few months from now). I still think it's better to hang them, but I guess they don't match the decor.

Décor over safety I always say.

Use stands and just be diligent with your parenting. I have an almost two year old and we have: a propane stove in the living room, stairs without baby gates, RF series speakers and a sub with a mouth opening large enough to lose a child, and plenty of sharp edged furniture to fill an ER.

We've had zero incidents, but it takes constant attention on your kid's whereabouts, and instilling them with an understanding of things that are a risk and simply not negotiable.

or find a new wife.

• Like 1

I dont want to get into a big battle here, but i agree with thad, Our 2 toddlers (both boys) were constantly around my audio previously, I had joule otl amps, several different versions of monitors on stands, huge oris and edgar horn setups, tube pre's etc...etc...etc Suffice to say alot of stuff that could hurt a little one if they were to get curious. I and my wife both taught them from infant crawling around to now 5 and 7 what was and was not toys for them to play with, I believe that a big factor in why this worked as well as it did is my wife stayed at home and Raised the boys while i was at work, I worked nights so when i listened it was during the day and i kept an eye on them.

I don't believe in getting into others business when it comes to raising kids (or much of anything else for that matter), I sure don't want anyone telling me how to raise mine, (I almost kicked a friends A$$ over this very issue, He came to visit and failed to control his dog which scared the hell out of my oldest son, He then proceeded to tell me I needed to take my son around dogs, needless to say He left the house immediately and after a discussion later he never attempted to tell me anything about how to raise my son again)

Its not perfect and i cannot count how many times we have had the crap scared out of us from bumped heads etc... trips to the DR.or Emergency rooms

Kids are wonderful and it only takes a second for them to sneak outta sight, No one is perfect and things can happen. Everyone has to judge for themselves what they consider too much risk, and then deal with that risk accordingly :rolleyes:

fair point Carl. I was being slightly (only slightly!) snarky in my initial response. we've done our share of common sense child proofing, but we also haven't turned our aging house into a giant pillow. that's where responsible and attentive parenting comes in - and that's not to infer that the OP is lacking any of that - these types of threads just irk me. "new baby blah blah wife blah blah sell everything you like to do blah blah "safety".

Back on topic....so....it doesnt look like my rs7s are going to work mounted or on stands...and it appears that the in wall speakers dont like they will work either.....might just be leaving it as a 3.1 system as its been....also let me verify that my wife did not know the speaker stands were unsafe....I didnt mean to give that impression......