Help! Need WAF Speaker Stands for RS-7

maseline_98

Why not just make a couple of shelves and put your surrounds on those, a couple of L brackets mounted to studs with a lip in front & some velcro for added safety. If you need them pointed down a bit just bend the L brackets until you get the right angle.

Mount the bracket facing up so the speaker hides the ugliness of the bracket, paint to match the wall for even more transparency.

I like jason's Ideal. Have you considered mounting the surrounds near the ceiling? I have used all my surrounds near the ceiling for the past 15 or 16 years. They are out of the way and not a major eye focal point. The RS 52 also look more modern and might make the WAF.

As far as raising kids, well here is some good reading. Ok, ok, just joking.

I'm looking for speaker stands for RS-7s. We do have a 8 month old baby and I'm worried that she could pull them down on her(whenever she begins to walk which will probably be a few months from now). I still think it's better to hang them, but I guess they don't match the decor.

For less money you can purchase kid stands, the downside is the RS-7's won't sound better and the kid is more likely to get hurt. Cheers

I like Jason str's idea to put the speakers on shelves. Done properly, they'll be secure and could be good decor accents if your wife wants to choose the colour and style.

Otherwise, you'll have to get some La Scalas. They're too big to tip over and have no grilles for toddlers to damage. When you show your wife a picture of La Scalas, she may decide speakers on high shelves are a much more decorative way to go.

• 3 months later...

if you are still considering speaker stands i have some i made out of African Mahogony hardwood. these are solid. now, they are not "perfect" i'm not the greats furinature builder, but they are nice. there are some pics of them in my gallery. they are 40" tall and nicely fit the RS-42's. there is also hole drilled in them (hidden) so that you can run speaker wire up them and through the top.

let me know what you think. where do you live? i'm in OKC but the stands are in TX.

IMHO Don't try to hide the shelves. I've inset 1/2 inch plywood into sheetrock for mounting heavy kitchen cabinets. This allowed me to hit the studs and have a really secure wall plate to attach to. Ability to attach shelf wherever i wanted on the plate and not have to hit a stud. And that wall looks really nice with a dark stain that matches the cabinets,.

My wife runs an adult foster care home so things have to be secure.

Anyhow in the bathroom we decided to go with handicap handrails for towel racks. So when I measured all, the holes did not line up with the studs. So I got an Oak 1 x 6 as long as needed to attach the handrails to. Mounted it over the sheetrock with plenty of screws into the studs to give secure base. Plugged the holes with oak plugs where the handrail bases did not cover the holes. Looks like I put it there because I wanted to for appearance. Have never had any problems with them coming loose. And the oak matches the cabinets in that bathroom.

You could accent the walls with the speakers with Wainscotting, and possibly hide the wires under by grooving the wainscotting or the sheetrock.

Maybe one of these ideas will help you to find a solution to your dilemma.

If not, just send those speakers to me (I'll pay shipping) and I'll store them for you. And when my wife complains I'll just tell her they didn't cost me anything and I'm storing them for ya!

Should make all 4 of us happy.

Edited by Taz