Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

Since I remarried, I've lost 10lbs., and feel better than ever. I can't lose any more, I would blow away in a strong wind. Anyway, I'm very comfortable at 145 lbs.

Bruce

Didn't you show us pictures of your wife? Should be self explanatory. She is after all a Lovely Lady.

Good food and plenty of exercise.

Me? I'm fat and ugly due to poor eating habits and very little exercise

Edited by Taz

• Moderators

Hope it stays working.

I have really good or really bad luck with warranties.

Good..... During a cruise for a week my camera acted up but for the most part working but slowly getting worse. Got home and my wife remembered we got the extended warranty, 5 years. Checked when we bought the camera and it was 1 week short of 5 years ! Called them and they completely took care of everything, no problem. Unbelievable

Bad..... Got home yesterday and noticed the top of my new camera bag was separating from the zipper by the top where the straps connect. Looked it up and it's about 6 months old and has a 5 year warranty, good news. Read a little to find out the company went out of business about a 2 months before I bought it, I had no idea. It came from B&H photo online, shopping for a new one now but will stick with the bigger name brands this time.

Glad it was the bag and not the camera I got stuck with, saved a bunch.

Edited by dtel

Hope it stays working.

I have really good or really bad luck with warranties.

Good..... During a cruise for a week my camera acted up but for the most part working but slowly getting worse. Got home and my wife remembered we got the extended warranty, 5 years. Checked when we bought the camera and it was 1 week short of 5 years ! Called them and they completely took care of everything, no problem. Unbelievable

Bad..... Got home yesterday and noticed the top of my new camera bag was separating from the zipper by the top where the straps connect. Looked it up and it's about 6 months old and has a 5 year warranty, good news. Read a little to find out the company went out of business about a 2 months before I bought it, I had no idea. It came from B&H photo online, shopping for a new one now but will stick with the bigger name brands this time.

Glad it was the bag and not the camera I got stuck with, saved a bunch.

I have owned one of these for about 3 years or so now, I also use a gorilla backpack. The Crumpler is my favorite by far, unless I have to take more than three lenses and a flash. You can pack a ton of stuff in these, the material is tough as nails and its sheds water well. The interior is plush enough for a baby to sleep in.

http://www.crumpler.com/us/camera-bags-straps/7-million-dollar-home

However, they are much cheaper on E-bay and you can still get some of the old school colors from older stock. Note: the old school bags come with a single buckle instead of a two buckle setup for the flap. The old style single buckle is less hassle and the velcro is so strong on the flap you don't have to buckle every time from fear of spilling goods.

Here is the one I use. About 14 inches wide, so its not too big or fatiguing on a long day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crumpler-Camera-Bag-The-Seven-Million-Dollar-Home-7-Mint-Condition-/360851384169?pt=US_Camera_Cases_Bags&hash=item54046b2769

$_57.JPG

Edited by Max2

• Moderators

Thanks I will look at those, probably the style I will go with. The last one was a backpack with quick access to the camera, the whole design was nice and worked well.

I have to say I looked at hundreds last time, I want enough room but not to big and really most important is enough cushion to make it safe without being babied. Not that I'm rough with it but stuff happens, that design is close to what I had before. I only replaced it because it was getting a little small, it was a Lowepro and still in great shape.

We are on cameras now?

I just bought my wife a Canon ELPH 330. Simple point and shoot. Got great reviews on a photography site. Arrived yesterday. For what we do, this thing takes great photos. Way better than my previous camera. They are on close out for about $120 right now. Figure about $150 with extra batteries and a memory card.

Here is the review.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417693,00.asp

I do need to get a cover for the LCD screen and the pickins are slim on Amazon. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Moderators
I just bought my wife a Canon ELPH 330.

The bad thing about some of the point and shoot cameras is lag time, that model does much better, " Shutter lag is an impressive 0.15-second". :emotion-21:

this thread is my attempt to collect off topic posts and to keep from derailing other threads. I've personally found it to be effective about 50% of the time.

Good luck with that, sorry about the other 50%. :P

this thread is my attempt to collect off topic posts and to keep from derailing other threads. I've personally found it to be effective about 50% of the time
The pathway to good corners is paved by "forum" good" intentions.... Well done my friend...

The cornwall 1's have the woofer mounted pretty close to the bottom of the cabinet. If i were to go 2-way with the HF driver and horn mounted on top of the cornwall cabinet (rather than removing the original drivers/horns and creating a new motorboard, compensating for the cabinet internal volume, etc) would I be introducing time alignment issues?

That faital driver and tractrix horn used by Bob in his type D cornscala has always interested me, but i don't want to perform major surgery on the cornwalls.

The cornwall 1's have the woofer mounted pretty close to the bottom of the cabinet. If i were to go 2-way with the HF driver and horn mounted on top of the cornwall cabinet (rather than removing the original drivers/horns and creating a new motorboard, compensating for the cabinet internal volume, etc) would I be introducing time alignment issues?

ARRRRRGH. I could just threadcrap. You already have the perfect bottoms for a 2 way speaker without jacking with your current speakers. Just slowly start amassing the missing pieces.

ARRRRRGH. I could just threadcrap. You already have the perfect bottoms for a 2 way speaker without jacking with your current speakers. Just slowly start amassing the missing pieces.

lol, i do indeed.