When autumn leaves start to fall

C'est une chanson, qui nous ressemble
Toi tu m'aimais et je t'aimais
Nous vivions tous les deux ensemble
Toi que m'aimais moi qui t'aimais
Mais la vie sépare ceux qui s'aiment
Tout doucement sans faire de bruit
Et la mer efface sur le sable les pas des amants désunis

I've killed probably 10-15 late night hours this past week as a result of this youtube channel and the subsequent spider webbing. Really cool to see what's happening around the country and I'm like a sponge as I continue down the road of growing food for my family and eventually making it my second career.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSGEokQQcdAVFuL_Aq8dlg/playlists

Had to do a factory reset on my phone as the battery was dying too quick. This on a Droid turbo 2 phone with a 3750 mAh battery. SOMETHING was draining it and those damn cookies all 2256 would NOT go away. Some were super cookies.  Data reset, browser reset, every settings that one could dive into just would not erase those cookies. Tried multiple cleaning apps too. 

Factory reset it is. Now my phone is running battery smooth. Yaay! 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Really cool to see what's happening around the country and I'm like a sponge as I continue down the road of growing food for my family and eventually making it my second career.

Only real men grow their own Thanksgiving birds. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Phew! Managed to fight off the black hole that is Apple. Yeah, insane gravity that Apple almost swallowed the house.  See my wife has an Apple phone and has lobbied the entire family to get one. Well the day came for all to decide on their own phone and carrier (except my young daughter who is staying with us on Verizon) they went with a crazy Sprint deal today. $5 each phone(x5) with "unlimited" for two years. $100 a month for all lines. I was proud of the research they did. 

Everyone went with Samsungs newest. Man I dodged a bullet as I've been an Motorola/Android user all my life so it's good to see little Android bots running around the house! It's good to win once in awhile. Today is a good day. 

DieApple! Suck on your no headphone jack.  Muwhaaahaha! :D

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Yeah, I have a couple of friends who enjoy the Decemberists and Shins along with me, so I guess I take it for granted that they're not more mainstream than I tend to think they are.

i know very few that listen to them ... i don’t know why either. I like the Shins more; but, the Decemberists are good.  But then i like stuff that weren't hugely popular.  The Lucksmiths for one. Thoughtful lyrics such as “my friends live in renovated trees ..."

• Moderators

It's 5 o'clock somewhere: Opossum breaks into liquor store, gets drunk as a skunk

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. -- An opossum that apparently drank bourbon after breaking into a Florida liquor store sobered up at a wildlife rescue center and was released unharmed.

Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge officials say the opossum was brought in by a Fort Walton Beach, Florida, police officer on Nov. 24. A liquor store employee found the animal next to a broken and empty bottle of bourbon.

"A worker there found the opossum up on a shelf next to a cracked open bottle of liquor with nothing in it," said Michelle Pettis, a technician at the refuge. "She definitely wasn't fully acting normal."

Pettis told the Northwest Florida Daily News the female opossum appeared disoriented, was excessively salivating and was pale. The staff pumped the marsupial full of fluids and cared for her as she sobered up.

"We loaded her up with fluids to help flush out any alcohol toxins," Pettis said. "She was good a couple of days later."

Pettis says the opossum did not appear to have a hangover.

The store owner, Cash Moore, says he never had an opossum break in before.

"She came in from the outside and was up in the rafters, and when she came through she knocked a bottle of liquor off the shelf," Moore said. "When she got down on the floor she drank the whole damn bottle."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1