Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

• Moderators

Well I guess the controversy is from second video obviously. But, according tonthe lyrics, from Hunger Game soundtrack isn't she showing the duality of a female. The masculinity of a hunter, the feminine qualities, vulnerability of a girl? I think they are trying to show the two sides of the girl in the hunger games. Another one bites the dust, she says as she kills one more, but she still has an elastic heart?

• Like 1

• Moderators

What controversy?

it was perceived as promoting pedophilia.

What controversy?

So it obviously is the second video. Well I guess there is that aspect of It, but that didn't jump to mind for me. I think she wants to lock the hunter side of herself in the cage, and be free to be a girl ouside of it.

I wonder what Sia said about it. If it was about pedophilia, I can bet for sure that it was to bring awareness, not promote it. Interesting that people would jump to that interpretation. Madonna, broke the ground for this generation, Sia may be taking a page out of her book.

Edited by dwilawyer

What controversy?

What controversy?

So it obviously is the second video. Well I guess there is that aspect of It, but that didn't jump to mind for me. I think she wants to lock the hunter side of herself in the cage, and be free to be a girl ouside of it.

I wonder what Sia said about it. If it was about pedophilia, I can bet for sure that it was to bring awareness, not promote it. Interesting that people would jump to that interpretation. Madonna, broke the ground for this generation, Sia may be taking a page out of her book.

Sia has said that they represent her different inner selves:

post-61120-0-37100000-1432097357_thumb.j

• Moderators

I wonder how many selves she has. Well I completely misinterpreted it, I thought that it was the inner "selves" of the Hunger Games character, not her as the artist.

Interesting choice of words she uses, like "triggered" which, to me, is a word victim's counselors sometimes use, suggesting maybe something else was on her mind. How do you try and create "emotional content" without "upsetting" anyone? Are not those two concepts inextricably intertwined?

Edited by dwilawyer

I wonder how many selves she has. Well I completely misinterpreted it, I thought that it was the inner "selves" of the Hunger Games character, not her as the artist.

Interesting choice of words she uses, like "triggered" which, to me, is a word victim's counselors sometimes use, suggesting maybe something else was on her mind. How do you try and create "emotional content" without "upsetting" anyone? Are not those two concepts inextricably intertwined?

I like your explanation better and the second time I watched it, a student had told me that it was on the HG soundtrack so I definitely had those themes in mind.

There are many more emotions than upset, so no, I don't think the two must be intertwined. Emotional content could cause one to feel empowered, free, overjoyed...

In other news, I was driving through downtown Hope today and rubbernecked as I passed the depot where sits a "reserved for Paul Klipsch" sign. :-) Probably driven past there 50 times and never noticed.

• Like 1

a fun little exercise in brain melting..

(béla fleck and abigail washburn cover "the final countdown")

http://www.avclub.com/video/bela-fleck-and-abigail-washburn-cover-final-countd-219612

NOICE! Also...The Onion and AV Club? This I did not know. They just said Onion HQ. That's the satirical news Onion, yes? Edited by mangofirst

• 2 weeks later...

If a tree falls in the woods does it squash the slow squirrel?  If it does is there anyone who cares?  Doo you harvest the squirrel first and then the tree to make a cooking fire?  Or do you trade the squirrel meet for some beat up LaScalas? 

Just don't post crap. Unless it's in this thread of course.

Hmmm, the video didn't appear, even though I used Youtube..... maybe it's a Winows Explorer thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NwdcRIOXBc

It is an Explorer issue, although I have been lucky a few times and it has embedded the vids. You have to be a member of the Chrome or Firefox clan to make it embed fluently.  I don't know why, but its aggravating.

• Moderators

Just don't post crap. Unless it's in this thread of course.

Hmmm, the video didn't appear, even though I used Youtube..... maybe it's a Winows Explorer thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NwdcRIOXBc

It is an Explorer issue, although I have been lucky a few times and it has embedded the vids. You have to be a member of the Chrome or Firefox clan to make it embed fluently.  I don't know why, but its aggravating.

I don't know, I have Chrome and Explorer on this thing and only Chrome will do it, but not all the time, so I just feel lucky when it happens on rare occasions.