Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

• Moderators

I saw Arrow was banned for one

I believe that was a mistake and is being rectified.....stay tuned.

Not banned - placed under 10 day administrative review for all posts.

This was a mistake on my part.  I'm not sure where this information came from, but the ban was completely an error on my part.  The error has been corrected.

426485_552528201444598_1414153876_n.jpg?

Have you ever looked at a map of the world?

Look at Texas with me just for a second. That picture, with the Panhandle and the Gulf Coast, and the Red River
and the Rio Grande is as much a part of you as anything ever will be. As soon as anyone anywhere in the world looks at it, they know what it is.

It's Texas.

Pick any kid off the street in Japan and draw him a picture of Texas in the dirt, and he'll know what it is. What happens
if I show you a picture of any other state? You might get it maybe after a second or two, but who else would? And even if you do, does it ever stir
any feelings in you? In every man, woman and child on this planet, there is a person who wishes just once he could be a
real live Texan and get up on a horse or ride off in a pickup. There is a little bit of Texas in everyone.

Texas is the Alamo. Texas is 183 men standing in a church, facing thousands of Mexican nationals, fighting
for freedom, who had the chance to walk out and save themselves, but stayed instead to fight and
die for the cause of freedom.

We send our kids to schools named William B. Travis and James Bowie and Davy Crockett, and do you know why?
Because those men saw a line in the sand and they decided to cross it and be heroes.

John Wayne paid to do the movie The Alamo himself.
That is the Spirit of Texas.

Texas is Sam Houston capturing Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana at San Jacinto.
Texas has huge forests of Piney Woods like the Davy Crockett and Sam Houston National Forests.

Texas is breathtaking mountains in the Big Bend.

Texas is the unparalleled beauty of bluebonnet fields in the Texas Hill Country.
Texas is floating the rivers of the Hill Country on a hot summer day.
Texas is the beautiful, warm beaches of the Gulf Coast of South Texas .
Texas is beaches you can drive on and have many memorable bonfires with close friends.
Texas is that warm feeling you get when someone asks where you're from.
Texas is the shiny skyscrapers in Houston and Dallas.

Texas is world record bass from places like Lake Fork .
Texas is Mexican foods like nowhere else, not even Mexico .
Texas is chicken fried steak and world famous Bar-B-Q.

Texas is the Fort Worth Stockyards, Bass Hall, the Mort Myerson in Dallas, The Ballpark in Arlington, the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, the American Airlines Center in Dallas

and the Astrodome (the Reliant Stadium now) in Houston.

Texas is larger-than-life legends like Michael DeBakey, Ann Richards, Denton Cooley, Willie Nelson, Buddy Holly, Gene Autry, Audie Murphy, Tommy Lee Jones,
Waylon Jennings, Farrah Fawcett, Janis Joplin, Sandra Bullock, Kris Kristofferson, Tom Landry, Eva Longoria Parker, Darrell Royal, ZZ Top, Roger Staubach
Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Nolan Ryan, Sam Rayburn, Howard Hughes, George H. W. Bush, Lyndon B.Johnson, George W . Bush, and let's not forget GEORGE STRAIT,
the Big Bopper, Tex Ritter, George Jones, Clay Walker, Mark Chestnut, and Tracy Byrd to name ONLY a few.

Texas has great companies like Valero, Dell Computer, Texas Instruments, EDS and Compaq, Whataburger, Southwest Airlines, Bell Helicopter, and

LOCKHEED MARTIN AEROSPACE, Home of the F-16Jet Fighter and the SF Fighter. Texas is NASA.

Texas is huge herds of cattle, beautiful horses and miles of crops.
Texas is home to the world famous King Ranch.

Texas is home to the most amazing sunsets of gold over an empty field.

Texas is skies blackened with doves and fields full of deer.
Texas is a place where towns and cities shut down to watch the local high school football game on Friday nights
and for the Cowboys on Monday Night Football at the new Cowboy Stadium, and for the Night In Old San Antonio River Parade in San Antonio.

To drive across Texas is to drive 1/3 the way across the United States.
Texas has ocean beaches, deserts, lakes and rivers, mountains and prairies, and modern cities.

If it isn't already in Texas, we probably don't need it.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Ooooooh, Texas must be paradise on Earth.  Everyone should go there.  At best, Montana is only the gateway to Idaho.  There's nothing here, it's a godforsaken and dreary place.  

Go away.

Edited by sputnik
  • Like 2

Ooooooh, Texas must be paradise on Earth.  Everyone should go there.  At best, Montana is only the gateway to Idaho.  There's nothing here, it's a godforsaken and dreary place.  

Go away.

It is and everyone else without those values should stay where they are. Actually, I am proud to be a Texan and I assume that folks from other places have pride in their homestead but I also believe that 'Texas pride' is somewhat unique and if I may say so, for good reason. I am referring to such things as 1) a handshake is more powerful than a contract,  2) open the door for a lady, 3) address elder males as Sir and all females as Ma'am. Then again, maybe that was just how I was raised. I have not lived in every township in the U.S. of A. but I have lived in most states and I did not see the the aforementioned to be true.

OP wasn't meant to belittle anyone not from Texas, just a tribute from me to her.

Edited by USNRET