Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

11 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

For the record, @Schu I'm in complete agreement. No offical rule stipulates that it must be conducted in PM, merely some commonly held social expectation. I, for one, welcome as much chatter in my threads as possible because it keeps my shit at the top without looking like an impatient salesman with no interest in the viability of this forum, constantly bumping to the top spots. I'd also like to see some people spend time contributing to to the forum (socially, technically, whatever) and not  spend most of their post count schilling gear - flipped, long-owned, or otherwise - as if this is Craigslist.

But I also firmly believe in not thread crapping someone's listing to point fingers, complain, or otherwise ***** about thread crappers (irony, much?).. so here we are, in the designated spot of my choosing.

The passive aggressive crap I have no use for and it reflects poorly on the forum.  It ALWAYS escalates to a personal level.  If you have zero interest in purchasing something for the stated price, don't buy it, don't post about it or negotiate via PM.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The passive aggressive crap I have no use for and it reflects poorly on the forum.  It ALWAYS escalates to a personal level.  If you have zero interest in purchasing something for the stated price, don't buy it, don't post about it or negotiate via PM.

I also understand your perspective and respect your opinion on the matter.

I do not understand why there are no rules posted in the garage sale section. There are rules regarding politics and religion, however, there is nothing to govern the sale of personal gear on the forum. And because of that, as was evidenced as recently as yesterday with the zebrawood heresies, some of those threads then devolve into somewhat personal attacks and bullshit comments. I admit I am no Angel, but there are others that constantly are making snide comments and asking ridiculous questions simply to stir the pot which just isn’t right. Flame on!

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

I do not understand why there are no rules posted in the garage sale section. There are rules regarding politics and religion, however, there is nothing to govern the sale of personal gear on the forum. And because of that, as was evidenced as recently as yesterday with the zebrawood heresies, some of those threads then devolve into somewhat personal attacks and bullshit comments. I admit I am no Angel, but there are others that constantly are making snide comments and asking ridiculous questions simply to stir the pot which just isn’t right. Flame on!

I for one would like more defined Garage Sale rules as well.  

No Angel is an understatement;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I for one would like more defined Garage Sale rules as well.  

I would NOT like to see more rules.

This isn't meant to disagree with your perspective, it's just my own personal philosophy that less is more.  I wouldn't mind seeing appropriate guidelines, but not a long list of rules.

If it were up to me I would toss the entire Terms of Service and replace them with three guidelines which should cover just about everything with regards to posting here:

1.  No profanity

2.  No politics or religion

3.  Be nice

• Haha 1

Personally, all I want to see is a stop to all the thread-crappers chiming in on FS threads to ***** about thread-crappers. Report the post quietly and move on, if you feel compelled to fullfill the role of social justice warrior.

Otherwise, what's the big deal about free bumps and a little social banter? It has never had any negative impact on my FS threads and people shit all over mine constantly.

• Like 1

Maybe you should quit shaping them like a toilet?  Just kidding.  By all means folks, report posts like the snitches you all are.

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Personally, all I want to see is a stop to all the thread-crappers chiming in on FS threads to ***** about thread-crappers. Report the post quietly and move on, if you feel compelled to fullfill the role of social justice warrior.

Otherwise, what's the big deal about free bumps and a little social banter? It has never had any negative impact on my FS threads and people shit all over mine constantly.

• Like 1