Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Nothing there about price talk which is what I thought started this whole conversation.

Exactly, which is precisely why I started this conversation. There's not rule violation, merely a social code that some feel is important (but Schu and I do not).

Just now, Thaddeus Smith said:

Maybe so, but my point is that it's never prevented me from moving gear. Like who here has legitimately lost a sale because of thread banter?

No way to tell.  I list speaker x for 10 dollars and you come along and say that they sell all day long for 5 dollars on e-bay.

I have no issue with banter, that should be obvious but we're talking about pricing talk leading to personal attacks.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned nothing should be off limits BUT there are certain things that seem to set people off.  Guns, politics, religion, pricing, etc.  The topics stir emotions and many members can't keep their emotions in check.  When that happens ad hominems happen and things get hidden or locked.

OK; it's 5pm ... everyone have a glass of wine and relax (or should I say "chill")  :D  

I personally have no problems with discussing pricing on this forum ... but yes; does not justify any "attacks." :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

So is the offender:

The guy questioning a seller's price?

The guy lashing out irrationaly because someone publicly questioned his price?

Is the person who posts a political topic to blame or the person who gets bent and replies?