Dual RT10D & RSW-15

Youthman

• Moderators

I recently purchased a pair of RT-10D's. I initially thought that the dual RT-10D's would have more output than the single RSW-15 but so far in my initial testings, although the RT-10D's provide plenty of smooth, low end, they don't seem to have as much slam or dig as deep as the RSW-15. These are not conclusive findings as I need to dial the subs in a bit more to make sure I'm doing a fair comparison.

I will be posting my findings in this Dual RT-10D vs RSW-15 Comparison Thread hopefully this weekend when I have some time to spend in the HT.

I keep forgetting we have a Subwoofers section so I thought I would share some pics for everyone.

Klipsch-RT-10D-01.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-02.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-03.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-05.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-07.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-08.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-09.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-10.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-11.jpg

Klipsch-RT-10D-12.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dual RT-12d's have a lot of accurate output. Unless your comparing them to a DIY system with 4x18" that go down to 10hz and lots of wattage, I'd think anyone would be very happy with them. I don't know that many into audio, but the two I do know I showed them to and they were very impressed.

The problem is they are very rare. I've been trying to get two more of them and can't find any. If you see any, I'd be interested in buying them :) They're flat down to ~18 Hz thanks to Audyssey XT32.

I don't even have them in the corner and they're borderline insane for my room. If you corner load them, I have no doubt they'd put out the 120dB as spec'd by Klipsch.

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 1

I think they originally sold for $2300+!?! I'd say somewhere between $500 and $900 for a used RT-12d. $500 for one that's beat up some and $900 for A stock, with box, original owner, etc... I have no idea on the RT-10d.

What's a FAIR price for a RT-12d?

RT-10d?

• Like 1

• Moderators
RSW-15's are very hard to beat when taking into account these two factors; Performance, Looks (WAF

I agree. Would love to find another RSW-15 locally.

I saw you have the Cherry finish and was curious how they looked so I searched Google images for Klipsch Cherry RSW-15 and recognized a TON of photos that I have posted to the forums. LOL

• Like 1

Nice! I'll keep preachin' the good Klipsch word. RSW-15's are very hard to beat when taking into account these two factors; Performance, Looks (WAF :)

RSW-15's are very hard to beat when taking into account these two factors; Performance, Looks (WAF

I agree. Would love to find another RSW-15 locally.

I saw you have the Cherry finish and was curious how they looked so I searched Google images for Klipsch Cherry RSW-15 and recognized a TON of photos that I have posted to the forums.

LOL

That's really funny.

• Like 1