Rs-52ii or Rs-62ii

larbo13

post-47876-0-92230000-1392774755_thumb.j

Hello everyone , sometime this summer I would like to change my side surrounds. Currently using Paradigm monitor 3. ( 150w if I remember correct) Would like to get Rs-62ii but wondering if I really need that much power ? When we watch movies volume is at -20 , when im alone volume is around -10. cant tell you what that is in db's. There's a Big price difference between the two models.

Any thought's will be appreciated . I attached a pic. so you can see how my side-surround's are set-up.

Edited by larbo13

Very nice setup. :D I used the RS-52's with my RF-83 / RC-64 and never felt that it was lacking. When I upgraded to the RS-62's, they sounded "bigger" and more enveloping but it wasn't a night and day difference.

Your set is pretty awesome ! :o That's what I was thinking as well , bigger sound. Room size is 15' 6" wide and 17' long with walls on both sides and then opens up another 15'. You can see what I mean in my pics, in the lets see your home theater . What made you change to the RS-62ii ?

Only reason I upgraded was I had the chance to buy (2) pair of RF-7ii, (2) pair of RS-62ii, RC-64ii, and RB-81ii for $2000.

WHAT 2000$ !! you just crapped on my

thread err.. day. wow lucky guy. nice Wish I was so lucky.

Edited by larbo13

• Moderators

You asked why I changed. ;) Deals are out there all the time, you just have to be patient and constantly looking. I guess it does help to live in Florida too due to the economy. Lot of deals to be found down here.

If you want to save some coin, I think the RS-52's would be fine for your setup. Even though your room is large, they are aimed very close to your ears. The only negative about your room is they won't be able to reflect off the back wall.

Well thank you guy's. I guess that was one of my biggest worries " I wonder". Since the back of the room opens up it only makes sense to get the 62's.

Now all I need is WAF , :blink: that's why I said sometime this summer. It'll take me awhile to wear her down. Any idea's for that problem ?

Thanks again.

• Moderators
Now all I need is WAF , :blink: that's why I said sometime this summer. It'll take me awhile to wear her down. Any idea's for that problem ?

For me, I'm continually working on that one. For the most part, if my wife wants something, I am totally cool with her buying it, even if I think it's dumb (example buying a $80 laptop bag that is unpractical with no pockets and really no protection just because it a Laura Bradley and it's "cute" or paying $150 + hotel & food expenses to run a marathon).

Someone once said, "You don't have to 'get it'.... you just have to get it." I figure if I don't give her any grief about the things she wants to buy, when it comes time for me to "buy more speakers", she usually just shakes her head but is cool with it. It works for me. LOL

Along the same lines, sometimes we have made agreements. If you let me buy this, I'll buy you that. My wife actually pulled this one on me. She was always against me having a 2ch setup in the living room. Our agreement was I can do whatever I want in the HT, but no speakers in the rest of the house. She knew I wanted to add speakers in the living room mainly for background music while we are hanging out around the house. One day she said, "You know, if you want to add speakers in the living room, I'd be ok with that." I almost fell on the floor. Then she sweetly said, "But I want a new living room set first." I bought her a new living room set within the next two weeks. :D

With that said, YMMV.

Women are strange sometimes ,MY wife want's to get new couch's for the theather ,which is good . I said id rather get a new set of speakers. She reply's you don't need any you have enough. I tell her with the new speakers the sound wont be right in your ears, it'll be more off to the side's. No no let's get new couchs. But babe we have three already. She replys ya but there old and uncomfortable . I say my speakers are old.

And that's where we are today with me getting new speakers. :sad:

• Like 1

With my wife, I have owned so many other speakers and she knows what sounds good and what doesn't, when I let her hear gear I buy both and let her figure it out. And 9 times out of 10 she would pick say the rs-52 over the icon ks-14. Obviously a night and day difference. But then when I tell her the icon cost xxx brand new but I got the rs-52 for xxx used mint it's a no brainer.

With my wife, I have owned so many other speakers and she knows what sounds good and what doesn't, when I let her hear gear I buy both and let her figure it out. And 9 times out of 10 she would pick say the rs-52 over the icon ks-14. Obviously a night and day difference. But then when I tell her the icon cost xxx brand new but I got the rs-52 for xxx used mint it's a no brainer.

I wouldn't mind buying used , ive looked and looked. When I do find good deals on thing's ,to get it here in Canada would cost to much in shipping . So in the end not really a good deal.

Even looking in Canada I don't find anything. Like Emotiva I want to get the xpa 3 , well add another $200. For buying high end stuff it sucks to be in Canada. Don't get me wrong I love Canada :wub: , we get the short end of the stick sometimes. :(

• 1 month later...

Thank you when I called my dealer they didn't have them in stock but he had the rs-52 ii. He gave me a super deal on them , and I just couldn't do it. Id rather wait two weeks then being nagged with "I wonder what the rs-62 ii would of been like". Man I cant wait, I really hope there's a big difference , I have never heard a dipole speaker before. Im putting a lot of confidence and trust of what I have read. So if I don't like them it's all your guys fault . LOL