"The Ear"

SWL

Bumper sticker I saw some years back:

"I'm in my own world. That's OK, everyone knows me here."

Forgive my cynicism, but I think he lived in a fantasy world.

Not cynical at all. I share your view.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone, I thought about deleting that post.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow Klipschers,

Faced a few days at the bottom of the pit, lost people dear to me, still not easy to talk about it. Lost our beloved cat who died of cancer slowly. Life took a turn for the bad. Met the woman that changed my life and made me see beauty in the world.

I have come out of the pit now, rebuild my audio systems , renovated my place. And am in the process of expanding what will be probably one of the most demented subwoofer arrays ever. Have over 40 pro amps and even some on order. Lets say car like SPL output down to 10Hz, with ease. 36 Drivers will be used powered by over 130Kw of amplification for the subs. Iown several units of almost all high performance subwoofer drivers from around the globe. My sickness is my passion.

Fantasy world, yes of course. Being sourrounded by dozens of subs for no truly practical reason is some form of fantasy.

Edited by TheEAR
  • Like 2

Faced a few days at the bottom of the pit, lost people dear to me, still not easy to talk about it. Lost our beloved cat who died of cancer slowly. Life took a turn for the bad.

I am deeply sorry to hear of your misfortunes.

Met the woman that changed my life and made me see beauty in the world.

They sure know how to tell us the truth.

And am in the process of expanding what will be probably one of the most demented subwoofer arrays ever. Have over 40 pro amps and even some on order. Lets say car like SPL output down to 10Hz, with ease. 36 Drivers will be used powered by over 130Kw of amplification for the subs. Iown several units of almost all high performance subwoofer drivers from around the globe. My sickness is my passion.

Now that is TheEAR we all miss.

Fantasy world, yes of course. Being sourrounded by dozens of subs for no truly practical reason is some form of fantasy.

I think being surrounded by 5 subs is kind of a fantasy, I could only imagine a dozen, let alone dozens. :o

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Klipschers,

Faced a few days at the bottom of the pit, lost people dear to me, still not easy to talk about it. Lost our beloved cat who died of cancer slowly. Life took a turn for the bad. Met the woman that changed my life and made me see beauty in the world.

I have come out of the pit now, rebuild my audio systems , renovated my place. And am in the process of expanding what will be probably one of the most demented subwoofer arrays ever. Have over 40 pro amps and even some on order. Lets say car like SPL output down to 10Hz, with ease. 36 Drivers will be used powered by over 130Kw of amplification for the subs. Iown several units of almost all high performance subwoofer drivers from around the globe. My sickness is my passion.

Wow. That sub setup has the potential of severely damaging BONE MARROW, within a few milliseconds of making anyone in the room deaf, then destroying the house's foundation. I wanna be there with a six pack of Molson Ale and a video camera when that happens.

And here I thought twin Danley DTS-10's were overkill. My goodness.

AND, I'm from Montreal originally, if that has any worth.

• 2 months later...

The Ear was not that bad, he was a nice/cocky guy with who shared some of his sub woofer experience for sure. He could come off the wrong way but when push came to shove, he was "OK" in my book.

I agree. He helped me out many times by way of PM.

Me too.