Shipping Service Solved ?

minermark

The key to the least expensive is to take the product to them and have the buyer pick up from them. My DTS10 subs (575 lbs for both) were delivered from Flagstone Arizona to Concord California for $250... To have them deliver to my house with a liftgate was another $280. You can see how much you can save.

• Like 2

Good for customers not so much for workers apparently, went looking at the site saw some of there news clippings they are apparently proud of as they link them at bottom of the page,

apparently they ratified a new contract with the teamsters saving the company 55 to 65 million annually, the very next news clip was about earnings, there net profit for 2013

They reported losses in 2012 which prompted the new contract in nov. 2013 (likely couldn't count the company's that lost money in 2012, with the economy at that time)

according to these figures arkansas frieght should be able to post net earnings in 2014 of 70 to 80 million

The key to the least expensive is to take the product to them and have the buyer pick up from them. My DTS10 subs (575 lbs for both) were delivered from Flagstone Arizona to Concord California for $250... To have them deliver to my house with a liftgate was another $280. You can see how much you can save.

I have been looking for a way to ship my products across the US and there is a dropoff location near O Hare airport not too far away, this may just be the answer to my dilemma.

There is a Spee-Dee delivery service over here but their range to deliver is limited.

I have been looking for a way to ship my products across the US and there is a dropoff location near O Hare airport not too far away, this may just be the answer to my dilemma.

There is a Spee-Dee delivery service over here but their range to deliver is limited.

Have you looked into Forwardair? I shipped an SVS PB12+2 through them to Canada from TX on a pallet. Really cheap. As long as you and the person receiving the package can get to an airport, it's the best way to go. Craters and freighters is pretty good as well.

Have you looked into Forwardair? I shipped an SVS PB12+2 through them to Canada from TX on a pallet. Really cheap. As long as you and the person receiving the package can get to an airport, it's the best way to go. Craters and freighters is pretty good as well.

I will look into Forwardair also, looks as though they use O-Hare for a hub and its right down the street we used for drag racing (Wille Rd.) for years before the police caught on.

I've used forward air a few times... for motorcycles. I was always very happy with there pricing and service. I've never had the need for speakers service though.

I think some sellers might benefit if they went ahead and posted up the origin and "APPROXIMATE" costs for freight to say different major regions(south, west coast, etc). I think many people would be more inclined to think more seriously if they didn't have to go thru that initial research for shipping or if they just had some general idea of what it might possibly cost.

I've used forward air a few times... for motorcycles. I was always very happy with there pricing and service. I've never had the need for speakers service though.

I think some sellers might benefit if they went ahead and posted up the origin and "APPROXIMATE" costs for freight to say different major regions(south, west coast, etc). I think many people would be more inclined to think more seriously if they didn't have to go thru that initial research for shipping or if they just had some general idea of what it might possibly cost.

There is such a variance in size and weight it would be impossible to get a set a price for most of my products.

For instance a 24" Table tuba would not only weigh much more than a 12" model the package would be twice as big, also drivers vary in weight. Theres just too many variables for set prices for shipping otherwise it would be a great option.

I'm guessing that is why he said approximate. Say pick a certain size sub and pick lightest driver and heaviest. Lightest to furthest away in us and heaviest the same. Then check same for a couple hundred miles away. Then say 200 (close area light driver) to 600 (furthest away I'm us for you and heaviest driver. That gives others an idea without the hassle of getting all the specs from you and calling a bunch of companies them selves. I hate trying to find out shipping when I am buying a product from someone. If I am paying you your price and for shipping least you could do is have an idea price.

I'm guessing that is why he said approximate. Say pick a certain size sub and pick lightest driver and heaviest. Lightest to furthest away in us and heaviest the same. Then check same for a couple hundred miles away. Then say 200 (close area light driver) to 600 (furthest away I'm us for you and heaviest driver. That gives others an idea without the hassle of getting all the specs from you and calling a bunch of companies them selves. I hate trying to find out shipping when I am buying a product from someone. If I am paying you your price and for shipping least you could do is have an idea price.

I will list a few prices just for an idea of what it may cost for shipping. I will use ABF as its not too far and they deliver just about anywhere.

Once again I thank Ron, we needed a thread to post good shippers and the bad.

The way this forum is going we will be the "New" Yelp of the Audiophile world, Not a Bad thing.

Meanwile I will NOT be showing this thread to the wife, road trips she likes, if I tell her there's a pair of Klipsch in Oregon she has not once ask the price, just "when are we Going?"