How to deal with a crappy manager

The Dude

In my civilian job, I have, not one, but three, (owners).

Been on the job for the better part of 10+ years, things went well for the first 8 or so, then one of owners is getting Alzhimers,

and it appears for the last 13 months that nobody's telling this guy, and he is running the company into the ground.

Lost accounts, moral sucks throughout the plant that had 140 people, we now have 30.

It's at the point now where when I come in and check my emails in the morning, it comes from him and, it's hate related toward me!

WTF? an owner ?, thought it was just me, it appears im not the only one. I consulted with a few work mates, they get them too.

Ok, this has been going on for almost eight month's, the wife said bailout, she makes ok money, so I took vacation today @ 10am, will go back next week and retire.

never left a job before like this, feels kind of weird walking out, but oh well, zero stress leads to a longer life, besides the wife likes me hangin with you guys and gals, its where I get my upgrade ideas.

duder1982 I wish you the best, looking for another job in this day and time aint going to be pretty, we know that, the wife and I knew a year ago I might need to walk, it still dont feel right. but if there is ANYWAY you can do the same, do it, my stress level has already dropped 50% as of today.

This sucks since you have given a good 10 years of your life,

• Like 1

Sorry, there may need to be some added context. The job titles you used made me assume you were in automotive service industry, as my friend is. That may not be the case.

Close enough, construction equipment rental. Were I work in the shop that repairs and maintains the equipment.

In most rental houses you have,

Branch managers, which we really don't have one dedicated one, but it seems 3-5. Or ones that think they are.

Coordinators- counter guys,

Outside sales reps

Service managers

Sometimes service writers, or shop supervisors(me)

techs, along with field techs.

Yard coordinator

Parts guys.

Our Rental Store is kind of up and coming, and some of the 3-5 managers are part of the Executive department.

Part of being a manager is delegation, what else are they doing that seems ineffectual?

I know what your saying, but there are things that a service manager is to handle directly and he doesn't.

Ok I had to think about this, its not that he is delegating things to get done, its the things he is supposed to do are being delegated by upper management. Because they are not getting done by him.