Svs sb18-ultra vs JL audio e110?

Salvador

That's a huge room. I would go DIY. Having personally listened to Scrappys 4 SI 18's I can tell you that neither the SVS or JL will provide the tactile impact or experience as those 18's. Good luck, I know it's a hard choice to make.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

You have a nice home Salvador. You have a lot of space to fill. Two Premiere Acoustic PA 150 would give you a lot of output for some chest slam but fall a little short on the low end. If you are set on one sub, I believe the Rythmik 15in ported sub will beat out the SVS and JL for output and extension. A second one could be purchased down the road. It cost $ 1399.

Svs!! Upgrading my whole system. In addition to sub getting Oppo 103, Emotiva umc200 and xpa5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats what did you buy?

he bought the new flagship sb-18 ultra!! LOL or the sb-13 ultra. one of the two

I can't believe none of us have pointed out the typo and suggested him editing the thread title. :P

Hey, maybe just wishful thinking. ^_^

Bill

I can't believe none of us have pointed out the typo and suggested him editing the thread title. :P

Hey, maybe just wishful thinking. ^_^

Bill

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'm guessing you meant the sb-13 ultra. And I am betting it will walk all over the JL sub. IMO JL home audio is EXTREMELY overpriced. How about this. Skip the JL demo. Order the Svs with the 45 day in home trial period. Then after you've had it for a couple weeks, go listen to the JL and I bet you will be disappointed in it in comparison.
i pointed it out first thing bill :D

Svs!! Upgrading my whole system. In addition to sub getting Oppo 103, Emotiva umc200 and xpa5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats what did you buy?

Ha ha, an 18 would be one heavy beast of a sub.

I'm guessing you meant the sb-13 ultra.

No, I am just playing off of your comment about the fictitious SB-18 Ultra. Now that would be a sub for SVS to bulid. :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

And I am betting it will walk all over the JL sub.

I am sure for a 10 inch sub the JLAudio will hold it's own but I also agree it can't beat the SB13 Ultra.

Bill

• 1 month later...

The SVS SB13 Ultra is competition for a JL F113, very close performance. Slight edge to the F113 here.

The E110 however uses a 10" driver and simply cannot be compared to a SB13 Ultra. SB13 Ultra all the way in extension,output at all frequecies and...SQ. As great small sub as the E series from JL are, the SVS offer more performance per $.

I use four F113 in my "small" PC audio system....yeah they bang hard and when called upon offer finesse...but over $3000 per sub. Purchased one of the very first sold in Canada...still all working.