Surplus Stores "and their warehouses"

minermark

There are slim pickins for surplus stores (electronic) in NorCal, compared to LA Calif.

Did a little driving today and visited one of my old store owners, his son was working the store, and said dad was at the warehouse. Wait, you have a warehouse ? oh man, I ask the kid to call dad and see if I could visit him there.

Sure was the reply and bring some beer.

I told the wife this "visit" was not going to be pretty, I could be there hours, she was good with it.

After an hour of amazing finds, I wanted many things, but retiring in the within the next 21 days, I held back, owner was cool with my interest, said anything I want "we would work it out".....cool. about that time the wife calls out to me,

Hey Babe, he's got what I think is speakers back here. off I go.

OMG, um yep, those are indeed speakers!

Frazier's ? I believe, OMG. should have brought my scotch, I needed a shot.

• Like 4

The cones are history, wiring looks to be chewed on, and the smell of dampness abounds.

after dragging these out, we then covered and stashed them with his help (Heavy), told him I will be back with my truck next week.

We have not yet talked about price.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

HSC was history a few years ago. they may still have the main store in the Bay Area.

I drove by HSC on Wednesday and they appeared to still be in business. I have never seen any speakers there though. It is a good place to get sleeving for your speaker wire plus any chips you might need though.

• Like 2

When I was digging the stuff piled on top of them, off, I started to smell the moldy wet smell, looking at the back of these there was one tag totally eatin up paper, The only thing I could read was "Fra" so I came home and did a search on "FRA speaker" and Frazier came up with this exact picture.

The little wire stands are there but stuffed into the horns, again this is not a picture I took, they just look like this.

• Like 2

HSC was history a few years ago. they may still have the main store in the Bay Area.

I drove by HSC on Wednesday and they appeared to still be in business. I have never seen any speakers there though. It is a good place to get sleeving for your speaker wire plus any chips you might need though.

Must be the one out west iv never been to, we had one here in sactown around old auburn blvd but they folded about 5 years ago.

Must be the one out west iv never been to, we had one here in sactown around old auburn blvd but they folded about 5 years ago.

The HSC I used to go to was just off of Madison and Auburn blvd as I recall. The one I drove by on Wednesday was in Santa Clara just off Lawrence Expressway in the South Bay.

The HSC I used to go to was just off of Madison and Auburn blvd as I recall. The one I drove by on Wednesday was in Santa Clara just off Lawrence Expressway in the South Bay.

yep that's the place, Madison and auburn Blvd, I miss that place........now we have NOTHING.

Todd at FUG could tell you some stuff about this speaker. It is quite unique looking. Looks like a reflex/horn mix on the woofer, the the satellite stands for the midtweeter is awesome.

Iv been thinking I know this storage lot owner in Rancho a few miles down the road, maybe I could rent a small storage unit and stick a small heater in it for a few weeks, got to dry these things out and kill the mold. when we got home I could still smell the oder of these things. had to change my clothes and dam, I still smell it.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

Todd at FUG could tell you some stuff about this speaker. It is quite unique looking. Looks like a reflex/horn mix on the woofer, the the satellite stands for the midtweeter is awesome.

Iv been thinking I know this storage lot owner in Rancho a few miles down the road, maybe I could rent a small storage unit and stick a small heater in it for a few weeks, got to dry these things out and kill the mold. when we got home I could still smell the oder of these things. had to change my clothes and dam, I still smell it.

Why not just leave them outside, and spray them with bleach in a spray bottle? If you see bad weather coming put them in the garage till the weather is nice again.

• Like 2