WTB small tube amp

I am looking to buy my first tube amp. Because it’s my first, any sage advice it welcome such as what to buy, or more importantly, what to not buy.

It will be for my office where I only can use a billionth of a watt. A two channel, 2 or 3 watt, integrated SET amp is what I think I want.

Anyone have one they’re not using and want to sell it?

James

I'm wanting one pretty bad too! I really wanna hear one on all my speakers. Been looking at the yaqin ones. Lots say they are Chinese junk. Also lots who say reference series is Chinese junk.

I've been looking at them too. The shipping helps kill the deal, along with warranty, very few reliable reviews, a desire to support a different economy, etc...

They do look great and I might get one, but not yet.

I have l have been looking at something like this

• Like 1

I am looking to buy my first tube amp. Because it’s my first, any sage advice it welcome such as what to buy, or more importantly, what to not buy.

It will be for my office where I only can use a billionth of a watt. A two channel, 2 or 3 watt, integrated SET amp is what I think I want.

Anyone have one they’re not using and want to sell it?

James

I will keep my eye's open for deals, come across them all the time.

Hey James...

How many inputs do you need?

What speakers will the amp drive?

Mike

Hey Mike,

I can get by with one input, but two would be better in that I might add a tuner. I have moved several pair of speakers through the office, most are too large or don't have the sound I am looking to hear. I will prolly get some RBxx, but right now I have some like new older Bose 301

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

here is another one. good reviews out there. and shipping isn't that bad. designed by canadian guy built in china. lots of youtube videos for this one also

+1 on the musical paradise MP301. I had the 1st version and was blown away at the quality build and full sound and surprisingly big soundstage. I used it with Heresy II's and Quartets to impressive SPL's from 6.5 watts with very little distortion. I regret selling it when I replaced it with my McIntosh m250. I just tried to buy the one scrappy posted locally but it fell through. Some good tube options as well for rolling.

Edited by ajoker2c
  • Like 1

I recommend an Almarro 205. I use one to drive my La Scalas and it sounds incredible.

Used ones are not common but there is one now on ebay.

Thanks for the recommendation. I read the 6moons review.

The only Almarro I see on ebay is this one, but sometimes I use a different computer and get different search results.