Forte/II Grills

rmoudry

I don't know. My thought is that should be. This is just because I'd think they'd want to do as little re-tooling as possible in the upgrade.

I have some Forte II and can make some measurements if that is what you need.

If you have Forte (I) let me ask that you post dimensions of the grills and I can see how close they agree. I think we have to look at the inside surface ( the one up against the mother board) of the beveled plastic structure of the frame.

WMcD

• Like 1

I have both types and they are not interchangeable. The Forte have plastic tabs which snap into a rubber holder drilled into the motorboard. The Forte II are magnetic.

Edited by toolz
  • Like 2

I own forte II as well. What makes up close to a 15 lb difference between the two? I realize that the II model has a 15 inch passive vs. 12 on the original, but I find it hard to believe that the passive makes all the difference. Old Timer mentioned that physically they are the same size other than the depth of a quarter inch.....

I have both types and they are not interchangeable. The Forte have plastic tabs which snap into a rubber holder drilled into the motorboard. The Forte II are magnetic.

So in a pinch, could the Forte have the plastic tabs removed and magnets applied? Could you do this to put the wrong grill on the right speaker or as a repair for the Forte grills?

I refuse to stay in the box, but I am House Trained. :rolleyes:

John

John, If your forte grill will fit the forte II cabinet the tabs could be cut back and the magnets installed. I see not issue other than no going back on the forte cabinet without removing the rubber holders and installing magnets there also. Watch the polarity of the magnet pairs make sure they are correct.

Been around enough, I make my own box.

John, If your forte grill will fit the forte II cabinet the tabs could be cut back and the magnets installed. I see not issue other than no going back on the forte cabinet without removing the rubber holders and installing magnets there also. Watch the polarity of the magnet pairs make sure they are correct.

Been around enough, I make my own box.

I'm not the original poster, just chiming is as you. Built a few boxes on my own. Agree that once you changed the grills over it would be difficult to go back..