Rear Speaker Mounting

ngoulding

I have a pair of RS-35's that I want to use as rear speakers. They need to be angled down but they don't have any threaded inserts. all they have is a keyhole mounting bracket. Does anyone have ideas as to how to mount these at an angle?

Are you crafty, someone once used hinges, and chain to hold them up at the right angel. There was a thread on it somewhere around here. As small as those are it shouldn't take much. So basically the hinge will mount to the bottom of the speaker and to the wall, then the chains would mount to the top the speaker and to the wall. Now you can adjust it.

• Like 1

I have RS 35's up near the ceiling and just hang them by the keyhole. They don't have to be angled down although they can. These are not direct radiator speakers like a tower or booshelf speakers. They work well being near boundries and are wide dispersion style speakers.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Here's what I did with some RS-7's It's before the forum change and the pics are huge when you click on them.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/145553-diy-surround-mounts/

Here's the post also on AVS that shows up better.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/25320#post_23651742

Thats who did it, hopefully this helps you out. I like Bill's Idea but I thought the rs-35s were a bit small for that. But both look like the will work great.

• Like 1