FS: Scott 299a - NOS rebuilt

Kevmosmith

Hey guys - For sale is my Scott 299a. The amp had the deluxe rebuild by Craig at NOSValves and should be good for many years to come.

This amp has some premium, expensive tubes. The preamp tubes are four (4) Telefunken. I will include three (3) new extra Tungsol 12x7's as well.

Three of the output tubes are Mullards - I cannot tell what the fourth 4th one is.

I will include an extra set of four (4) output tubes. I believe they are Telefunken as well.

The face is beautiful and in great shape, all lettering intact, no bent corners. I do not have the factory case, but I built a nice oiled Oak cage that sits over then amp that I will include.

The amp works perfectly and I have never had any issues with it at all. As far as I can tell the tubes are solid. I have not noticed any noise or weakness at all. I have used it with Khorns, La Scalas and Cornwalls and it was a great amp for all of those.

I can ship using fed ex ground to the lower 48 from Houston (77079). No international shipping please. I will accept a check from a veteran forum member or will accept paypal.

$650 firm, plus actual shipping. I can send pictures to interested parties.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hey guys - For sale is my Scott 299a. The amp had the deluxe rebuild by Craig at NOSValves and should be good for many years to come.

This amp has some premium, expensive tubes. The preamp tubes are four (4) Telefunken. I will include three (3) new extra Tungsol 12x7's as well.

Three of the output tubes are Mullards - I cannot tell what the fourth 4th one is.

I will include an extra set of four (4) output tubes. I believe they are Telefunken as well.

The face is beautiful and in great shape, all lettering intact, no bent corners. I do not have the factory case, but I built a nice oiled Oak cage that sits over then amp that I will include.

The amp works perfectly and I have never had any issues with it at all. As far as I can tell the tubes are solid. I have not noticed any noise or weakness at all. I have used it with Khorns, La Scalas and Cornwalls and it was a great amp for all of those.

I can ship using fed ex ground to the lower 48 from Houston (77079). No international shipping please. I will accept a check from a veteran forum member or will accept paypal.

$650 firm, plus actual shipping. I can send pictures to interested parties.

Thanks,

Kevin

Craig - Thanks for the offer. When I get the amp I'll send you the serial number. I would like to understand what your Deluxe rebuild on this amp consisted of.

Edited by toolz
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. Looking forward to listening my Belles with tubes. I have been running SS for years and thought I would give tubes a try.

Please let us know your impressions when you have had a chance to listen for a while. Since you have been running SS for some time and it sounds like it may be your first venture into tubes, it will be interesting to hear your impression of the differences between tubes and SS.

• Like 1

Craig - Thanks for the offer. When I get the amp I'll send you the serial number. I would like to understand what your Deluxe rebuild on this amp consisted of.

I'd need the original customers name the project was done for to comment in detail about what was done. But generally speaking deluxe rebuild = complete rebuild as I would do to a piece of gear of my own. It should be all set to go long term short of normal maintenance (biasing, cleaning and tube replacement).