Smokin a brisket today!

JL Sargent

Well, I've got a brisket going along with roasting some poblano peppers. I'm gonna be eating good later!

Some of you may remember that I bought a Traeger Pellet Grill. Well my dad had to have it so I picked up this USA made Englander.

http://englanderstoves.com/pelletgrills.html

post-32707-0-73160000-1393796289_thumb.j

post-32707-0-62760000-1393796315_thumb.j

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 2

Well, I've got a brisket going along with roasting some poblano peppers. I'm gonna be eating good later!

Some of you may remember that I bought a Traeger Pellet Grill. Well my dad had to have it so I picked up this USA made Englander.

http://englanderstoves.com/pelletgrills.html

Those peppers will be really good with your brisket....

Well, much as I love Texas BBQ I am pleasing the wife today with a whole pork shoulder for pulled port, NC style. Splitting the difference between here and there with a Memphis tomato/mustard/vinegar sauce of my own devising. Just put it in the smoker for the last couple of hours to "pull it together" and get a bit of apple wood smoke into it.

It's been in there since 7AM so I think it's going to make it for supper! Don't know how it will taste but it smells like downwind of heaven...

Dave

The smoker is made by England's Stove Works, Inc. I included a link to their website in my first post. Anyway we just had the "flat" portion of the Brisket for supper and it was mighty fine. That along with the stuff poblanos and refried beans. We even had a little strawberry shortcake for dessert. Now I will let the nose of the brisket go for a couple of more hours. Make some good sandwiches with that this week.

Oh no you did not, I just walked in the house this very minute with the same... Exactly the same thing using indirect and a weber!

and on the seventh day, god created Brisket...

12891689175_d790623eaf_b.jpg
12891683595_26a120558a_b.jpg
12891768663_d288a0acac_b.jpg
12891680315_9f994a74aa_b.jpg

Over cast day here... looks like gojira.
12891687405_fc9a677f79_b.jpg

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Got some chicken going right now, probably not halfway done started it late.

I love brisket, the last one we did for some reason had way more fat than normal, just a bad one I guess ? Brisket use to be cheap no one really wanted it, not anymore it was around $35.

• Moderators

It's good to be Dad.

How is the Englander doing, went to read about it and found out it's almost completely automatic, very convenient. From looking at your pic I had no idea it was controlled like that, it even can even grill if your in a rush, is that part gas ? Nice looking setup.

• Moderators

Well, much as I love Texas BBQ I am pleasing the wife today with a whole pork shoulder for pulled port, NC style. Splitting the difference between here and there with a Memphis tomato/mustard/vinegar sauce of my own devising. Just put it in the smoker for the last couple of hours to "pull it together" and get a bit of apple wood smoke into it.

It's been in there since 7AM so I think it's going to make it for supper! Don't know how it will taste but it smells like downwind of heaven...

Dave

What temp do you like to bring it to ?

Found an easy way to pull it, I made one from SS it's just like in this link. It works great, you can shred two butts in about 1 min

http://www.porkpuller.com/

• Moderators
I plan on one day building the UDS (ugly drum smoker)

Built one for a nephew and tried it before I gave it to him. I was very surprised how stead the temperature stays and how long it cooks without touching it.

• Moderators
You all suck, Its dam cold here. So chili for me

Was about perfect here today sunny and 75, now 9:50pm it's 68, summer is not far away.

Chicken was good, made some wraps with fresh spinach and a little teriyaki sauce.