Stereo Integrity HT subs discontinued?

Rowan611

Looks like SI is no longer making the HT subs. If you look on DIY Sound Group and go to the sub flat packs you'll see that they are no longer making flat packs for the 18". I sure hope they will be coming out with a replacement, if not it looks like I'll be going with a DA 18" Reference HO sub or Ultimax. More money, handles more power, but I don't know if the sound quality will be similar or better. Bummer. Anybody have an experience with these?

Any thoughts on SI coming out with a replacement? I sent them an email a few months ago and asked if they were going to be introducing a new line of subs (based on a conversation with a fellow member) and this is the reply I got;

"We are not introducing a new model"

I don't know why Erich would say that SI wasn't making this sub anymore if he didn't know something we don't.

Any thoughts?

They are not making the sub anymore. They discontinued that line. They do have a 15" version. Think it's the hst or hsx or something. They said it would be better than the current 18 but at a big price increase. The Dayton HO is a very similar speaker. Problem with them is the they are more power hungry. And single voice coil. If I had four of them I would have to run two of my inuke 6000's. The ulitmax is prolly the way to go but I haven't read much into them yet. Just order two of the SI 24's!!

They are not making the sub anymore. They discontinued that line. They do have a 15" version. Think it's the hst or hsx or something. They said it would be better than the current 18 but at a big price increase. The Dayton HO is a very similar speaker. Problem with them is the they are more power hungry. And single voice coil. If I had four of them I would have to run two of my inuke 6000's. The ulitmax is prolly the way to go but I haven't read much into them yet. Just order two of the SI 24's!!

Ha!! Those 24's are ridiculous. What do I lose with a single voice coil?

Don't the DA subs have more reliability issues?

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

I have read about liability issues. That's one reason I went with stereo integrity. Single voice coil just makes you have to chose more carefully your amp. So if you had my inuke 3000 which puts out about half power rms. so at 2 ohms it puts out 750 per channel. But at 4 it's inly half that. So you would have to have one inuke 3000 per sub!!! That sucks.

Gotcha. Well it looks like I'll be starting my search all over again. Or, I'll buy the new Stereo Integrity line. Luckily I've got a few months. Any chance you wanna sell me two of yours ;)

You can replace them with two 24s. ;)

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

• 1 month later...

I echo Scrappy here...somewhere on the AVS Forum, there seems to be a resurgence of the SI 18s. I've got 2 Daytons and have definitely put them through their paces. The UM-18 by Dayton keeps getting delayed. It was originally slated for January and now has been moved to June.

+1 for going with the 24s - but you better have some amp power (and electrical circuitry) to really get the most out of them. I can't remember where on AVS I read this, but someone threw a bridged EP4000 at a 24 and it wasn't near enough to get the most out of it.