Settings to get most bass out of RF-62ii powered by Denon X2000

REPOWER

Hey folks,

I'm new to Klipsch and curious as to how or what the settings are to get the most bass out of the RF-62ii when playing music. It is awesome for movies. The speakers are about a foot from the wall. Audyssey is set.

Setup:

Denon X2000

Klipsch RC-62ii - Center

Klipsch RF-62ii - Fronts

Polk Audio Monitor 60 - Surrounds

Polk Audio PSW10 (to be upgraded soon)

Besides setting the fronts to small, crossed at 80, are there other settings I should be playing with? Dynamic EQ is on, Dynamic Volume is off. LFE at 120. What are the preferred settings in Stereo mode?

Thanks in advance.

G

G,

Welcome to the forum.

The RF-62II's can produce some quality bass if positioned and set up right.

How large is your room(L x W x H)?

Besides setting the fronts to small, crossed at 80, are there other settings I should be playing with? Dynamic EQ is on, Dynamic Volume is off. LFE at 120. What are the preferred settings in Stereo mode?

Do you want more bass when in 2.0 mode(no subwoofer)? If so, set to large. If with subwoofer, replace the Polk Audio sub as you are planning to.

I don't use dynamic EQ or dynamic volume because I think it adds too much boominess in my room.

Now this is just me, but my RF-63's did not reach full potential in the bass department until I added my Acurus A200 amp(A250 first). They were transformed from that point on.

I am not saying to add an outboard amp without trying other options. How close to side walls are the mains? Are they toed in?

Where are you located?

Bill

Edited by willland

Bill,

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply.

The room is 20x15x10 and tiled. The entire setup is to the left most side of the room, next to a sliding glass door. So if facing the TV, sliding door > sub > L main > tv stand with center > R main. The mains are not toed in, just facing the couch straight on.

I'm thinking of some decorative pads or at least an area rug to start for sound treatment. The room is not ideal, but have to work with it for now.

Yes, would love to get more bass in 2.0 mode until I get a better sub (suggestions are welcome, in fact, solicited.) I also tried with subwoofer, LFE+Main, crossed at 120 and the sub did not cut it.

I'm in Chino Hills, CA.

Thanks again,

G

Welcome to the forum. Just run the 63's as large like Bill suggested. If it is not enough bass, it will motivated the sub purchase sooner than later, lol. Mains + LFE may result in less bass and poorer sound quality using a sub. For movies be careful trying to reproduce the .1 stuff from the RF 63's set to Large.

Edited by derrickdj1

• Moderators
or at least an area rug to start for sound treatment.

Tiled floors are bad for reflecting sound

Things like that will help for sure, you could even just throw a few big blankets on the floor just to see how it changes, can't hurt it's free. I know it sounds crazy but by absorbing some of the mid and high frequencies it's going to sound like you increased the bass.

Maby build a sub later, that room is asking a lot from the PSW 10.

Whatever you end up doing that's going to stay a while like rugs or curtains re run your Audyssey.

Derrickdj know more about the Ht stuff than I, really just stopped to say Welcome.