Tech help for Image ones!

Cal Blacksmith

I just ordered them a few days ago and noticed that they are the on the ear model, I much prefer an over the ear cup, As they are on the discontinue blow out deal, there is no going back but the price was great at $69 shipped, http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-On-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00ELJO14C/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

Anyway, my son has what I think are the V2 image ones with the over the ear cups, the ones I have coming are white and his are black/copper. Are his pads available as a replacement part and will it swap with mine? Are there over the ear cups for mine?

I have no issue with paying the normal price for them if they are available. Help anyone?

Edited by Cal Blacksmith

indeed... all Image ones are ON EAR. I have the version 1 with the cupped ear pads and I get set them just about right so they keep out most all sounds, but it's not the same as an OVER EAR unit. I have not tried replacement cups, but I really do not think there were any changes made to any part of the design except for the coloration so I assume they are interchangeable... but I have not tried it personally.

to me, I have no idea why Klipsch went with a ear Pad instead of the ear cup... those pads look really uncomfortable.

I finally just broke down any bought a pair of x11i's, but I still use both headphones.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a user note here.

I have used them for about a week, the ear cups are indeed soft but after extended use, I do feel it in the right ear, more than the left. The physical size of the shell, is not big enough I think to allow an over the ear foam to be used. My Sons headphones, (are they the Reference ones?) do have the over the ear cup and I do find them more comfortable.

The sound quality is good though, much better than ear buds that I was using until then, granted, they were only about $40 buds.

I will keep the headphones. A question though, what is the double prong to single jack adapter fit? I understand it is two mono to a stereo but I have never seen that configuration of jacks. Am I just portable device handicapped? LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

So that is what that is!, cool.

I have had them a bit longer now and extended use can be a little uncomfortable esp to my right ear, I suppose it is more sensitive to pressure than the other one. The foam is very soft as I said above and I really do like the sound.

The biggest problem I have is I can't wear them AND my hat at the same time! :P