Klipsch Heresey 1's:

Vega211R

After hearing some Heresy 1's at a buddy house a year or so ago,I knew I had to get me a pair. I also wanted a pair in good cosmetic condition. After watching Ebay for quite sometime I found a pair described as all original with nothing ever done to them. Their cosmetic condition turned out to be 99.95% Mint. Like new. A great find. But somehow they don't sound near as good as the ones my buddy had, which he no longer does. He sold them to his brother out of state. Anyhow, I know my receiver is quite a bit better than the one he had. My CD player is also much better. I'm even listening to the very same CD/music. His speakers sounded better. I can only think of two things that could be making the difference. One being the difference in the acoustics of the two different rooms. The other would be my speakers may need some type of work. I am new to the Heresy's but I've read that maybe the crossovers could be part of the problem. I don't know. Don't get me wrong, they do sound good, but far from great. As for as his speakers, I do not know if they were all original such as mine. I do not know if any work was ever done on his. So, any thoughts?? Help Welcome..

Edited by Vega211R
  • Like 1

Make sure the drivers all work.

I suggest a re-cap, and to lower the mid and HF one tap, and add a 15Ω resistor in parallel with the mid.

If using them on the floor and up against the wall, or in a corner, just the re-cap will be fine, otherwise lower the mid and HF one tap, and add a 15Ω resistor in parallel with the mid.

Edited by djk

Vega211R: don't forget to order a couple of new rubber washers (they go hard with age) for your K700 mid horns from Bob Crites when you buy your cap kit. Be careful when you install them to keep them positioned so they don't stick out into the throat of the horn and don't over tighten them or they will bulge into the throat. Just screw on the driver snug enough to seal and be firm. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1