my first home theatre!

woodchuck

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share with everyone how excited I am to get my little home theatre finally setup, right in my 13'x15' bedroom!

Front: SB-2

Center: SC-1

Surround/Rear: SB-2

Subwoofer: KSW-12

Receiver: Harman Kardon 520

TV: Toshiba 24AF41C

DVD: Sony Playstation 2

Other: Nintento GameCube, Sega Dreamcast

Wow, I'm playing Phantasy Star Online ver.2 with Dolby Pro Logic II emulation and it rocks! Also, I may end up buying a real DVD player with progressive scan because my receiver detects the signal from PS2 as PCM and it won't allow Dolby Digital or DTS with that signal, so I'm watching movies using the Pro Logic II movie emulation setting right now.

It's great to see so many other Klipsch enthusiasts here giving each other advice and support. My first introduction to Klipsch was their ProMedia v.2-4000 speaker system I got for my computer and I've been a fan ever since.

When I watch movies now (like my favourite Superbit DVD: The Fifth Element) I literally shake my house!

Cheers!

Congrats! I, too, am building an HT now, and orignally got hooked on the PM's, but the 5.1's instead of v.2-400's. I just bought two pairs of KG-2.5's, and plan to expand from there.

Mains: dunno... need something to match KG-2.5's all around....

Center: KG-2.5 with self installed magnetic shielding if possible...

Surrounds: KG-2.5's

Rear Center: other KG-2.5 from first pair

Subwofer: I don't know that either. Smile.gif PM5.1 sub perhaps...

TV: dunno. maybe my computer monitor. lol

DVD: Computer, probably. Digital out to reciever.

Reciever: Pironeer, forgot model #. Has DTS-ES and DD-EX 6.1 decoding.

Soon to come... soon. Smile.gif Of course, my parents are against it, so it will be hard to sneak a pair of KG-4's or something else in... cwm4.gif

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

your PS2 CAN output Dolby Digital and DTS, but you have to set it up for that. Look in your user's manual, and be sure NOT to have a game CD in the console when trying to access those advanced menus. Took me a while to figure out!

SSX Tricky is awesome in DTS...

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

your PS2 CAN output Dolby Digital and DTS, but you have to set it up for that. Look in your user's manual, and be sure NOT to have a game CD in the console when trying to access those advanced menus. Took me a while to figure out!

SSX Tricky is awesome in DTS...

Oh wow, thanks! At first I assumed that the PS2 would just act like a normal DVD player and output DD automatically. Probably a lot of other ppl using it as their DVD player doesn't know this as well... anyhow I just changed the settings to enable both DD and DTS on my PS2. The bass is noticeably louder and more active in DD than in ProLogic 2 at the same volume level! I have to say however, that ProLogic 2 is pretty good too for turning stereo sound into a multichannel experience.

SSX Tricky, you say?... I don't have it unfortunately, but I will try to get it!

quote:

Originally posted by woodchuck:

Oh wow, thanks! At first I assumed that the PS2 would just act like a normal DVD player and output DD automatically. Probably a lot of other ppl using it as their DVD player doesn't know this as well... anyhow I just changed the settings to enable both DD and DTS on my PS2. The bass is noticeably louder and more active in DD than in ProLogic 2 at the same volume level! I have to say however, that ProLogic 2 is pretty good too for turning stereo sound into a multichannel experience.

SSX Tricky, you say?... I don't have it unfortunately, but I will try to get it!

So does this mean that if I have promdia 2.1 and using PS2 for DVD player that I should not enable it for DD and DTS? and just stick to the normal prologic 2?

Thanks!

------------------

»®»ŦħĄňķŜ«®«

»®»Life Is Góód«®«

»®»Its All Gööd«®«