KP-101

CECAA850

My brother just picked up a really nice pair of 2 way Oak KP-101's. I couldn't read the information on the tweeter driver. Does anyone know what's in it? The search function and site map are useless at Klipsch.com. Thanks.

Carl

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 2

Could it be "Finished Oak"?

I guess it's possible. They look like a sealed version of my KPT-100's as far as drivers go. The cabinets were perfect. He picked up both speakers and a beautiful vintage Pioneer 45wpc receiver (silver face) for $150.00.

I told him he done good!

I also wonder if these crossovers have the x-mod?

EDIT, the horns are completely different than my KPT-100's. It shouldn't need the x-mod removal as the spec sheet rates them to 20k Hz.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple of textured black KP-101's. The tweeter is the K76-K, same as KP-201. I'm not sure but the 8" woofer may have also been used in one of the Tangent series.

I also have a professional products brochure which lists available finishes as textured black, textured white, oak and raw birch.

A later cut sheet lists the KP-101 woofer as 10" although I think that is a typo. There may also be a version that used the same dhorm tweeter as some of the KG's. I have seen those, but don't have any other info on them.

Hope this helps...

• 10 months later...

Are you sure it's oak? FO could be Fir, Oiled although I'm not sure why they'd bother. 

These must have been special made for a church, as many of these smaller speakers like Heresy were used in houses of worship or schools. 

Edited by colterphoto1

There are several iterations of the 8" driver found in Klipsch pro products. The ones in later cinema and pro models feature a much more stout voice coil and former KPT8001, KP172 etc. Compared to the early small stage monitors KSM8 it's a bit of different beast. I'd imagine the networks changed over time. At one Hope Pilgrimage Roy Delgado told us about searching for/designing a heavier woofer for these speakers prior to going into production on the VBAT (dual horn) KPT models. 

Found it. It's a K-76-k.

The whole model # if KP-101-FO (or F0). Anyone know what the FO stands for? "Something" Oak???

same tweeter as a heresy and the same horn lens - fantastic - plywood 3/4 inch cabinet - 8 inch woofer  - they should sound very good with a 7.1 home theatre system with a bunch of these all over -

• Like 1

• 8 years later...