Decware set amps

dougie834

I've used their smallest 2 watt SE84 zen amps with Heritage. I would rate them as highly enjoyable but limited. (I suppose that's true of any low power amp, so I'll say that I find the little Decware amps to be on the dry side of the single ended tube spectrum compared to others; they are more about the nuance and detail resolution, and casting a sonic image you feel like you can scuba dive into, but not at all warm in their tonal balance, and they don't do loud.)

I recall erik2a3 commenting that the Decware Mini Torii was a particularly copacetic combo with Heresies, hopefully he'll notice this and provide some feedback. While I have not heard one with Klipsch, I have heard the MT back to back with the little SE84C types, and the 4 watt MT has better bass control, a bit warmer sound.

Edited by Ski Bum

Guest David H

Take a look at THESE built by a fellow forum member.

Good call, I like Justin's products as well.

As for the Decware, I have had a few, they have good sound, but had to modify mine due to noise issues.

Dave

I just received one if Justin's "little Ben" amps. It's awesome. I bought it for my office but have been giving it a go in my main system. Incredible . Don't know what kind of music you listen to but for my taste it would be hard to beat this beauty. Incredible midrange with all the umph I need. Grain free, spooky sustain . A winner for sure.

I use Decware amps, and I like them. They come with lifetime warranty, and there is plenty of comments on the different offerings on their forum. I am a long time Klipsch user, and I do not want to sound like a Decware cheerleader.

(I suppose that's true of any low power amp, so I'll say that I find the little Decware amps to be on the dry side of the single ended tube spectrum compared to others; they are more about the nuance and detail resolution, and casting a sonic image you feel like you can scuba dive into, but not at all warm in their tonal balance, and they don't do loud.)

I believe the above to be pretty much on point for the SE84 based amp. There are other amps in their line up as well.

I have a Decware Mini Torii. Its one of a couple of amplifiers I own that was built by someone else -- and it is an extremely good amplifier! I am also easily bothered by poor noise rejection, or hum/buzz issues resulting from RFI, poor wiring, inadequate soldering, and I haven't touched it except to add a headphone jack. The Mini Torii, which is the smaller sibling of another Decware amp, is among the very best amps I have used with our Klipsch Heritage speakers. Moreover, it's designed to be used with a number of different input/driver types of the 12AX7 family, as well as output stage valves that are related to the 6V6. It's among the most quiet amps I have, and is entirely hand-wired, point-to-point. It's very, very low residual noise was the resaon it's the amp of choice for my Grado headphones. Truly Superb little performer.

Edited by erik2A3